VAT Manager - in house
|Job Title:||VAT Manager - in house|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2021 08:39|
Leading retail bank based is looking to recruit a VAT Manager for its group tax function.
Your new role
The VAT Team of this well known retail bank is part of Group Tax and is responsible for handling the VAT risk of the group as a whole. This role involves working as part of a team and would provide informative, high quality sophisticated output, advice and mentorship tailored to senior partner needs, operating as a Tax specialist.
Principle accountabilities include but are not limited to;
- Providing a proactive comprehensive advisory service to ensure that the business is aware of the risks of non-compliance
- Handling relationships with important internal customers and act as their business partner, while taking mentorship from their senior peer group
- Identifying shortcomings, suggesting improvements and implementing approved revisions to current compliance processes, systems and procedures within assigned unit and/or subject area
- Analysing key themes using data from a wide range of sources and identifies possible impacts on the business
- Growing own capabilities by pursuing and investing in personal development opportunities and providing specialised training or mentor in area of expertise to others throughout the organisation
- Identifying shortcomings and suggesting improvements, to deliver a plan for a small element of an organisational change programme with mentorship of a project/programme manager
- Developing procedures and interpreting and applying policy for a specific area of the business to achieve specified outputs, or providing advice to the wider business on application of policy; then monitoring implementation of those procedures within the organisation
- Delivering own small-scale or medium-scale projects by working within an established programme management plan
- Delivering prescribed outcomes for a designated area, using risk management systems to ensure the organisation is not exposed to undue risks
- Developing and/or delivering insightful observations for significant aspects of the tax systems with mentorship from senior colleagues
- Developing and designing content for training courses in specific functional areas to fill gaps in established programs; runs sophisticated and/or customised training courses to improve employee performance within specific functional area.
- The role includes working with regulatory bodies and industry groups to develop and implement regulatory change.
What you'll need to succeed
- You'll be experienced in providing technical VAT and IPT (although not essential) advice, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of Legislation and applicable case law.
- A Tax qualification is preferable and strong knowledge of VAT and Financial Services is a requirement for the role.
- You will be a natural when it comes to relationship management skills, with a proven ability to analyse, challenge and influence.
- This is an Advisory role and the successful applicant should have experience in managing different stakeholder relationships at all levels.
What you'll get in return
You'd get a benefits package that includes; A performance related bonus Generous pension contribution 30 Days leave plus bank holidays A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits Private health cover
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
AVP - Tax Accountant
City of London, London
£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + + benefits
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
£40,000 - 50,000
Accountant - Alternative Assets (Qualified)
20000 - 55000
Senior IT Auditor, Banking
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum