|Job Title:||VAT Manager|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £70000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cara Whyte|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 10:29|
VAT Manager or VAT Senior Manager Job with top 10 firm in Ipswich or Norwich.
Hays are recruiting a VAT Manager or Senior Manager for a top 10 firm in Ipswich to provide VAT compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients. You will also provide assistance to senior Managers/Directors/Principals/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. You will also be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- To act as a key point of contact within the firm for the client, together with the Senior Manager/Partner. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- There will be an expectation that you will take full responsibility for project delivery on their portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of clients including control of billings and cash collection within the firms criteria
- Review of work prepared by more junior members of staff
- Liaise with HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client senior manager/Partner /Principle informed of overruns and plan staff assignments in order to give an appropriate spread of experience
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to including second partner review
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Senior Manager/Partner/Principle/ Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Partner/Principal/Senior Manager, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Staff management experience
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- Experience of dealing direct with clients
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
- Demonstrable post qualified experience
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays with any questions or to receive the complete job specification.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's