Birmingham, West Midlands
£65000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
15 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
VAT Associate Director required for Top 10 Accountancy Firm in Birmingham
Your new company
VAT Associate Director is required by a leading Birmingham Accountancy Firm. This highly successful, reputable Firm offers a full-range of accounting services including a dedicated VAT Division. Their VAT Division supports a diverse client base from small businesses through to large corporate entities. As a high growth department, there is a strong emphasis on delivering and/or overseeing the junior team's delivery of a strong pipeline of varied advisory work.
Your new role
As the VAT Associate Director within this Firm you will deliver VAT advice to clients, including review and preparation of VAT returns, review VAT processes and controls, VAT advice on the implications of new delivery models, procurement arrangements including high value investment programmes. Key Duties:
- Ensure VAT affairs comply with statutory time limits, and manage compliance work
- Identify and advise on VAT planning opportunities
- Act as principal point of contact to clients on VAT queries
- Monitor work in progress reports
- To identify prospective clients and assist other departments in the research and preparation of formal proposals for new work.
- To assist in review and quality control procedures and the administration of the department where required
What you'll need to succeed
The successful VAT Associate Director will be experienced in all aspects of VAT and have previous experience of winning work from new and existing clients. Strong communication skills are required to build and develop a team and build client relationships.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career within this outstanding Firm. Offering excellent salary and benefits along with outstanding career opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.