VAT Associate Director
|Job Title:||VAT Associate Director|
|Contact Name:||Sarah McHugh|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2020 18:41|
Together with the Partner, you will manage the interface between clients, the VAT team and the broader firm to ensure the delivery of high-quality advice to businesses in the listed and larger corporate segment, across a range of sectors.
As a high growth department, there is a strong emphasis on delivering and/or overseeing the junior team’s delivery of a strong pipeline of varied advisory work. This will include, identifying and pursuing opportunities, primarily from within the existing RSM contact base and working with the broader RSM team to bring these to fruition.
As a national VAT practice, we provide the freedom to find the right balance between sector specialism and general advisory, as well as an opportunity to initiate and develop new areas of focus for the VAT team. As a fast growing team, there are significant opportunities for client development.
We have a number of opportunities available due to growth so will consider Managers looking for promotion, through to existing Associate Directors.
- To identify and advise on VAT opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To respond to clients’ correspondence as a matter of priority, and to keep the client and partner fully informed of the current status of the VAT work.
- To undertake work delegated by the Partner.
- To act as the principal point of contact to clients on VAT queries and to maintain excellent client service at all times.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with other departments.
- To closely monitor work in progress reports, to ensure the profitable recoverability of work done and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To develop an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and an awareness of the firm’s services, brochures and publications.
- To identify, meet and convert prospective clients and to assist other departments in the research and preparation of formal proposals for new work – at an appropriate level for the grade.
- To take an active involvement in prospective client seminars and to effectively follow up contacts made.
- To assist in review and quality control procedures and the administration of the department where required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Partner.
- Previous experience of winning work and ability to unlock fees – primarily from the existing client base.
- Able to build and develop an enthusiastic and capable junior team.
- Strong and convincing communicator.
- Able to work independently.
- Travel to client meetings throughout the London and surrounding region – supporting colleagues primarily in Milton Keynes, London and Cambridge.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Audit Associate Director
Senior Associate / Accountant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £38000 per annum + benefits + bonus
Partner, Associate Partner and Director: Forensic
full suite of benefits, bonus