Valuations Manager: convert to Contentious/Forensic
|Job Title:||Valuations Manager: convert to Contentious/Forensic|
|Contact Name:||Louise Bridge|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 13:32|
Rare job opportunity to convert your Corporate Finance Valuations skills into a Forensic/Contentious context.
Your new company
A longstanding, very highly regarded full service firm with a number of unusual specialisms and USPs, this client has a Forensic team that have demonstrate enviable year-on-year growth. Their success has partly come from early specialisation and this has encompassed an expanding Contentious Valuations offer. They are also well-know in the field of matrimonial disputes and valuations, and this new opening spans a broad range of this work.
Your new role
Reporting to Director/Partner, you'd be around 50% on the matrimonial side of the business and 50% across contentious valuations, other commercial disputes and determination of quantum. Work could include:
- Valuation assignments in matrimonial proceedings
- Advising and writing expert witness reports. Matters you'd advise on could include liquidity, or sustainable income/ tax implications when disposing of/transferring business interests.
- Determination of quantum and valuation assignments on commercial disputes : often complex, for example in multiple jurisdictions
Skills you would regularly use include:
* Analytical review of historic and forecast financial information
* Extensive market research going beyond the purely financial - all external factors that can affect value
* Assessment of different valuation methods
* Review of third party valuations
* Complex financial modelling
Whether it's TV dramas or newspaper articles, these cases are often in the public domain once they've been heard in Court and take considerable discretion. An Expert can be appointed as a Single Joint Expert, or to act for husband or wife. The numbers involved can be considerable and legal fees alone can sometimes run into 7 figures. This is true Expert work.
What you'll need to succeed
While this role is of course open to a Forensic Accountant with existing matrimonial and valuations work, our client is very happy to consider a Valuations Manager who perhaps so far has only had the chance to use their methodologies in a non-contentious environment and for whom applying them in an Expert context would appeal.
What you'll get in return
This firm are superb at growing future Experts, and in this growing yet rarified field you have a chance to shine earl. Career path will ultimately lead to testifying in your own right.
You'll have enough time to BD and the team's competitive bonus levels are strongly tied into this.
If you'd like to know more about the benefits of working in this Forensic field, please contact me for a fuller discussion.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's