|Job Title:||Valuation Manager|
|Salary:||47000 - 52000|
|Contact Name:||Heena Rathod|
|Job Published:||July 01, 2020 14:31|
The Valuations team has wide experience in valuations of private companies. We serve enterprises of all types and sizes, covering a wide range of industries. We believe valuations should not be made as the result of a mechanical process alone. We use a variety of methodologies and techniques in deriving a valuation, but we also exploit our experience and apply our judgement to give our clients the quality of valuation advice they demand. As each valuation is unique, valuation work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation, which we pride ourselves on being able to offer.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in.
Making quality second nature
- is aware of the wide range of Grant Thornton services and spots opportunities to sell those services to clients whilst articulating and promoting Valuation services to other departments
- is actively involved in office marketing events when appropriate and is an 'ambassador' of the firm
- utilises and builds up a network of contacts and attends external networking events
- seeks to participate in business development opportunities
- builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries
Own your own work.
- To take on responsibility for supervising Executives, undertake complex assignments and manage discrete areas of work.
- To manage assignments and assume a significant degree of input into the planning of work and the reporting of findings.
- attends presentations and can address more complex issues confidently
- ensures Executives follow agreed methodology for a particular type of case
- manages client expectations, undertaking an assignment manager role for assignments; manage the day-to day aspects of
- prepares job appraisals and agrees objectives with line manager
Be a part of a team.
- sets deadlines for self and junior staff and achieves them
- allocates tasks as work stream leader and reviews output,
- mentors and coaches Executives; appraises them giving regular feedback, completes timely appraisals and provides development opportunities
- actively seeks and manages opportunities to attend training courses, keeping technical knowledge up to date and developing managerial competencies through in-house training opportunities and keeps records for CPD purposes
Build your brand.
- To plan effectively, deliver projects on time and develop report writing skills.
- is aware that Valuations reports and the opinions given are dependent on the accurate and efficient analysis work being carried out by junior staff
- keeps organised records of work done and conclusions reached
- assignment files and identifies key issues early to discuss the engagement partner; keeps them informed of progress
- carries out analysis work effectively and neatly without error, so that it can be included in any report provided to the client
- develops judgment and an understanding around legal and technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when necessary
The minimum criteria
- ACA / ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Valuations experience suitable enough to be considered a manager
- Degree educated
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's