US/UK Tax Semi-Senior
|Job Title:||US/UK Tax Semi-Senior|
|Salary:||£Competitive package with excellent benefits and continued study support|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2020 09:00|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries. Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
We are looking for a US/UK Tax Semi-Senior to join our growing Tax team in our Mayfair office. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients. You’ll also be responding to client queries, so it’s essential you’ll be comfortable in providing full confidentiality, transparency and exceeding expectations whenever possible. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing/first reviewing US/UK tax returns for a portfolio of private clients
- Requesting and chasing tax information from clients and third parties
- Communicating with clients to explain positions taken on tax returns, payment instructions, etc
- Involvement in obtaining new clients, attendance at initial client meetings
- Participating in marketing activity
- Demonstrating technical knowledge in US and/or UK tax law applicable to grade
- Ensuring high level of service to clients and colleagues
- Completing US bank account forms, W8BENs, filing extensions etc.
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment.
Ideally you will have relevant experience in a similar role, having completed 2 US/UK Tax sessions. We’ll need you to have a keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Efficiency and accuracy are key as well as exceptional interpersonal skills, effective communication and the ability to work to deadlines. You will also have/be:
- Enrolled Agent/CPA/ATT/CTA/ICAEW/ACCA qualified or part-qualified (desirable)
- Familiar with CCH Pro System and CCH Central tax preparation programs
- Ability to work under pressure with a good ability to prioritise and implement good time management
- Remain approachable to members of staff and work well as part of a team, sharing knowledge and experience
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
City of London, London
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + plus competitive benefits
City of London, London
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
£30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + progression