Upstream Finance Accountant
|Job Title:||Upstream Finance Accountant|
|Salary:||MYR 6000 - 13000 per month|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 04:10|
The role of the Reporting and Analysis (R&A) Upstream Finance Accountant is to ensure that all reporting activities & responsibilities of his/her team are performed in an effective, controlled and efficient manner, and also to provide dedicated leadership and supervisory support to a particular Area of Operation (AoO) which they are assigned to. In addition, the R&A Upstream Finance Accountant will also be required to specifically lead the clean-up of Exploration JVs and Balance Sheet through effective collaboration with relevant technical experts (Business Finance, Controllers etc.) across the organization.
- Work with influencing and guiding indirect team members in achievement of all functional responsibilities and participate in issue resolution.
- Assist Senior Team Managers manage workload resourcing, multiple demands, and competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met while maintaining the quality and integrity of data on a sustainable basis.
- Lead and work as a team by influencing indirect team members to manage operational deliveries with common objectives
- Assist and help supervision of work of team deliverables
- Undertake the project of cleaning up Exploration JVs and Balance Sheet, jointly working with existing team members
- Developing and sustaining knowledge retention
- Support Key Shell Group Initiatives
- Support and implement Global initiatives
- Ensure all strategic, managerial and operational metrics targets are delivered
- Control ownership and maintenance of robust Controls framework
- Keeps abreast of accounting and business developments as well as business performance drivers
- Demonstrates full compliance with Health, Safety and Security culture and behaviors
- To liaise with business partners (asset team, other finance functions, onshore business support, Controllers) to produce effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Manage Group Reporting and Management Information (BPR) requirements and support Project Management.
- Manage Internal Audit and External Audit (EY) requirements and support
- Collaborate with technical experts in Controllers, Asset, Business Finance, Tax, Treasury etc. which in turn translates to effective reporting and management deliverables.
- Actively problem solves, understanding the big picture, planning their work and working as part of the Finance team
- Develop ability to intervene and improve work processes, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Promote continuous improvement environment.
- Recommend alternatives if current approach/process could be done in a more cost-effective manner while achieving the business objective
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Manager / Management Accountant – Retail & Distribution
Henley on Thames
45000 - 55000
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + free parking
Bury, Greater Manchester
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum