13 days ago
This is a in house UK Tax Manager role working Magna International one of the Worlds largest automobile parts manufacturer. The role is based in Warwick and reports into the Director, European Tax.
Magna International Inc is a global automotive parts supplier that manufactures everything from seats to powertrains and are the only auto supplier to build complete vehicles.
They are at the forefront of a new technological revolution in the automotive industry, and are leading the way in all areas of future mobility, with a keen focus on electrification and autonomy.
They are a leading global automotive supplier dedicated to delivering new mobility solutions and technology that will change the world. Their products can be found on most vehicles today and come from 346 manufacturing operations and 93 product development, engineering and sales centers in 27 countries. They have over 152,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to their customers through innovative processes and world-class manufacturing.
UK Tax Manager
The successful candidate will report to the Director, European Tax, who is based outside the UK. The role will have responsibility for tax risk management, tax compliance, and tax planning for the UK Region.
- Responsible to ensure timely and accurate completion of the UK Group's income and commodity tax compliance, including but not limited to tax filings and financial statement reporting for the UK Group.
- Assist in defending and timely reporting of all tax audits for the UK Group.
- Prepare and submit the annual R&D credit claims for the UK Group with the assistance of Magna R&D group.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective tax rate planning and cash tax management practices.
- Ensure that appropriate tax accounting arrangements are maintained in accordance with the Senior Accounting Officer regulations.
- Assist in acquisitions, divestitures and reorganisations as they arise.
- Assist in the development, documentation and defence of the company's transfer pricing ("TP") policy.
- Convey all relevant information to the Group to ensure consistency, coordination and tax risk management. In particular, the UK Tax Manager will regularly advise on the Group's: Tax risk items, income and commodity tax audits to the Director, European Tax and, TP audits to the TP Leader.
- Work closely with and build creditable, collaborative and effective working relationships, both within finance and across the organisation.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining best practices to minimise tax risk.
- Occasional travel in Europe.
- A qualified ACA or CTA with at least five years experience in UK corporate tax and the ability develop VAT experience. The candidate must hold a professional qualification as a UK tax advisor
- Thorough understanding of UK GAAP, SOX 404, and accounting implications of global operations, including transfer pricing.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and tax and accounting implications of global manufacturing operations, including transfer pricing.
- Ability to translate strategic concepts into practical solutions.
- Team player. Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and individually.
- Project management skills.
- Effective and efficient communication
Market leading basic salary plus a competitive benefits package.
Any 3rd Party CV's will be forward over to Michael Page for inclusion in the process