UK Tax Manager
|Job Title:||UK Tax Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||May 19, 2020 13:25|
Truly global insurance business is looking to recruit a UK Tax Manager for its City office. Excellent opening
Your new company
Truly global insurance business is looking to recruit a UK Tax Manager for its City office.
Your new role
Within the Finance Department, the Tax team are responsible for Corporation Tax, VAT and IPT obligations of the International division of the group. The job will be focused on the UK corporation tax aspects of this. This job offers the opportunity for the successful candidate to help shape the development of the corporation tax team within the International division. The group are looking for someone who is pro-active and able to suggest and implement improvements to our working processes.
Main elements of the role:
- Tax Compliance for UK companies in the group;
- Co-ordinate the provision of reporting information to the parent company;
- Supervision and mentoring of UK Corporate Tax Team.
- Review of the Corporation Tax filings UK Insurance companies;
- Responsible for tax affairs of our wholly aligned syndicate and the Lloyds member;
- Review of LACDT for Solvency II purposes;
- Preparation of Group Relief schedules;
- Preparation of Current and Deferred Tax notes for statutory accounts;
- Write report on our tax accounting arrangements for the SAO.
- Review Tax information requests on UK companies;
- Analysis of general ledger accounts by location of risk for US tax purposes;
- Review reconciliations of Current and Deferred Tax accounts in the General Ledger;
- Write and maintain the procedure manual for the UK companies on Corporate Taxes;
- Tax True Up calculations and journal postings;
- Co-ordinate quarterly accrual process;
- Provide commentary quarterly on variances in effective tax rates;
- Answering ad-hoc queries from Houston office tax team.
- Assistance in preparation of Transfer Pricing Report;
- Review inter-company commission and reinsurance agreements;
- Liaison with external auditors;
- Ad hoc project work as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications and Experience Specification:
- Degree with ideally 5 years work experience post qualification;
- ACA qualified;
- Insurance Industry experience;
- Good understanding of tax accounting;
- IT literate with advanced Excel;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience of managing a team.
- Alphatax Tax Software experience;
- PeopleSoft General Ledger experience;
- Lloyds taxes experience;
- CTA qualified.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Bonus, Flexible Working
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
European Finance Manager
City of London, London
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
IT Audit Manager - Leading Bristol Based FS Employer
Insurance sector, Audit Senior
City of London, London
£45750 - £49000 per annum