UK Tax Advisor
|Job Title:||UK Tax Advisor|
|Salary:||£65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robert McIlroy|
|Job Published:||April 30, 2019 10:38|
UK Corporate Tax Advisor required for Europe's premier broadcaster
Your new company
A leading entertainment group and Europe's premier broadcaster with revenues of £13b.
Your new role
A purely advisory/project based role which would suit a candidate with a top 4 professional services background
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, this is a key role within the Group Tax function, offering plenty of variety in terms of UK focused tax advisory and project work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Helping to manage specific projects and initiatives, including M&A and structuring activities
- Identification of tax opportunities and risks relating to product innovation and technology, including in relation to the UK patent box regime
- Helping provide tax input and analysis of all treasury-related activities and financing activities, including dividend planning
- Helping to manage inter-company pricing for new and existing supplies of goods and services, ensuring transactions are priced on an arm's length basis
- Providing effective tax support and advice to the business, including advising on the tax implications of ad hoc projects, external contracts and other transactions
- Analysis of the tax implications of accounting and legislative changes
- Engagement with HMRC on tax queries and key tax issues
- Working with other members of the tax team on projects as required
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a professional qualification, ideally ACA/ACCA and or CTA with 1-2 years post qualification experience. You will have strong UK corporate tax technical knowledge and experience; strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and simply to non-tax experts; personal accountability and a high level of attention to detail; focus on delivery, with excellent time-management skills; confident and self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative; good team-player, who is able to build personal networks across Tax and Finance, and with other stakeholders in the business; strong IT skills, including excel. Experience of and an interest in the media or technology sector would be helpful.
What you'll get in return
Salary up to £70,000 including car allowance. In addition you will receive a 10% bonus, medical cover (plus dependants), 25 days holiday, pension at 15% total, free parking and more. In addition this is an outstanding opportunity to work with one of the most recognised broadcasting companies on the planet.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
L&D Manager, Tax
Assistant Manager, M&A Tax
Trust & Tax Accountant
Skipton, North Yorkshire
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Assistant VAT Manager
£300.00 - £350.00 per day
Fund Controller - International Real Estate Investor
£75000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits