27 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Highly acquisitive business - UK focused role - Progressive role
The purpose of the Financial Accountant role is to provide support to the Finance function and contribute to ensuring accuracy of financial reporting and integrity of the balance sheet.
- Contribution to month end processing, reporting into group consolidation and business reporting.
- Month end close processing including Balance Sheet reconciliation, Intercompany agreement, and ensuring accuracy of Income Statement and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Capex Finance lead for the ROW business - ensuring effective controls, and monitoring and forecasting spend for key projects.
- Lead on production of Statutory Accounts for the UK business from preparation through to submission (experience of Caseware is beneficial but not necessary).
- Group Consolidation support and analysis of movements and account flows.
- Contribution to monthly business reporting e.g. Finance Pack and driving resulting actions and key messages through the business for relevant areas.
- Audit liaison to support both internal and external audit.
- Monthly VAT return completion and supporting business with VAT Digital Links readiness.
- Other statutory and HMRC reporting and submissions e.g. PSA, ONS submissions.
- Completion of US Government Indirect Rates model for rates calculation to support US Gov. contracts.
- Data interrogation and production of meaningful analysis to drive action within the business.
- Tableau and SQL knowledge a benefit.
- Ensuring Financial Controls are maintained and fit for purpose.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience in a similar role Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel skills Logical thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload
- Ability to communicate easily on various levels
- Ability to investigate problems and resolve queries in a timely manner
- Comfort in an environment of change and continuous improvement
- Evidence of personal growth and development Onestream and Infor
- Visual experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment Report writing skills e.g. Tableau (or equivalent BI tool) / SQL proficient
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.