Trust Tax and Accounting - Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Trust Tax and Accounting - Assistant Manager|
|Salary:||45000 - 52000|
|Contact Name:||Brendan Mare|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2019 09:26|
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Salary between £45,000 - £52,000 per annum
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP is currently looking for passionate & talented individuals who not only align with but also live & breathe our Menzies 'BRIGHT' values to join our growing & dynamic firm. We are currently looking for high quality candidates who fit the Menzies values and also meet the below job specification requirements to be our new Assistant Manager. This is a key position based out of the Leatherhead office and forms part of the wider Trust Tax and Accounting services we offer our clients. This is an important role within a growing and dynamic firm, the successful applicant will primarily be exposed to a wide variety of trusts; dealing with compliance and accounting and helping with advisory tasks.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily trust tax and accounting role
- Manage a portfolio of mainly trust tax clients
- Take ownership of client relationships
- Undertake all compliance and accounting aspects associated with a portfolio of clients
- Assist senior team members with compliance work on their larger clients
- Advise as required on tax technical issues and be involved in technical research
- Assist with wider compliance obligations of the tax team
- Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values
- Relevant and current UK Trust Tax experience is essential
- STEP qualification preferred but not essential
- Current or recent experience working for a mid-tier sized UK accounting firm.
- Relevant experience in personal (private client) tax would be helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and provide excellent client care
- Ability to provide team support for the managers & partners in the trust team
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new Trust Tax Assistant Manager then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Accounts / Tax Manager and Cloud Accounting Expert
£33000 - £43000 per annum + plus benefits
Assistant Tax Manager
£60000.00 - £62000.00 per annum + + benefits
Financial Accounting Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Accounting Technical Services Manager
Competitive + Benefits
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager / Manager
£43000 - £56000 per annum + Plus Benefits, Bonus