£65000 - £75000 per annum
13 days ago
The Treasury Reporting Manager will work with all members of the Treasury Finance team thus covering different aspects of the portfolio, to ensure accurate data capture and subsequent accounting in both the transaction system (Reval) and into the reporting ledgers (SAP) and BPC. This role provides significant opportunities to work independently, while developing critical technical accounting skills and gaining exposure to Treasury execution and operations.
- Analysis and co-ordination for the Group Annual Report and Accounts (and half year) consolidated IFRS reporting for the treasury and financial risk related disclosures in the published financial statements of the group and of other listed companies and sub groups within the group. Responsible for further analysis to report UK GAAP for UK finance subsidiaries and US GAAP for the US division statutory reporting.
- Management of the monthly analyses and proofs on treasury business, which validate reported financial numbers. This will include Sarbanes Oxley documentation. Areas for responsibility likely to include, but not limited to hedge accounting portfolios, related reserves and derivatives.
- Co-ordination of the US Treasury portfolio reporting, both for IFRS Group and US statutory requirements, ensuring completion of SOX controls and efficient validation procedures for the US portfolio and developing partnering relationships with the US based Treasury team and the US finance team.
- Delivery of quality information from well managed and understood financial data. Reviewing and maintaining the quality of the Internal Control / Sarbanes Control framework for Treasury finance, enhancing relevant documentation to meet the purposes of the changing environment
- Participation in treasury management system enhancements, maximising leverage and efficiencies from the system capabilities. Ensuring continuous improvement on business process and flexibility to meet changing demands from stakeholders. Assist in ad-hoc projects as required to leverage the TM system and reporting tools and processes.
Oversight of analysis and verification for treasury information and disclosures as required for trading statements, interim and final result announcements, shareholder or bond circulars, and for UK regulatory (OFGEM) returns.
Stakeholder engagement is an important component of the role, understanding, and exceeding expectations to become a trusted source of information and providing innovative and flexible solutions to challenges received.
- Graduate and ACA qualified accountant or equivalent
- An interest to study AMCT qualification is preferable
- Good technical accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP and awareness of Treasury related accounting standards IFRS 9, FRS 101 and 102 and IFRS 7
- Awareness of treasury financial instruments together with relevant accounting and financial reporting
- Strong analytical and financial reporting skills
- Enthusiastic & self-motivated and commitment to professional delivery
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Experience of relevant systems Reval (TMS), SAP or BPC is preferred but not essential