|Job Title:||Treasury Manager|
|Location:||Shipley, West Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Hill|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2021 09:01|
A highly respected not for profit organisation are seeking a Treasury Manager.
Your new company
A highly successful not for profit organisation operating across a number of locations in the UK including Shipley, Burnley, Camberley, Peterborough, Stockton & Camberley ( the role can be based from any location with a minimum expectation of 1 day per week in the office.
Your new role
The Treasury Manager is a key role within the Corporate Finance team with primary responsibility for all aspects of treasury management, the group funding position and supporting with strategy. The post holder will support the Group Financial Controller by assuming primary responsibility for day to day liaison with funders, professional treasury advisors, valuers, charging and security solicitors and the internal customer base. Key aspects of the role include ensuring all loan facility requirements are met on a timely basis, all funding is suitably securitised (achieving the best allocation of security), funding costs are minimised whilst maximising liquidity and ensuring sufficient available funds at all times to meet the business need. Supporting the Group financial Controller in liaising with external advisors in the ongoing development of the group treasury strategy is key. The role is supported by the Payroll and Treasury Coordinator although there is no direct line management thereon. Outcomes Sought: Forecasting
- Work with colleagues within development and financial accounting to prepare, review and monitor short term (daily) cashflow forecasts.
- Assist in the development of the long term five and thirty-year business plan forecasts and to ensure robust medium term cashflow forecasting for the business.
Funding and Compliance
- Responsibility for ensuring compliance with all Funder's Loan Facility requirements, with particular focus on covenant monitoring and reporting. Provide information and reports to Funders as required under funding agreements or by reasonable funder request.
- Using Treasury management tool to maintain all aspects of interest rate management, including accounting for interest payments, strategies for hedging and loan rollover recommendations.
- Develop the ongoing strategy to optimise the amount of security available, covering the efficient use of new and existing security, arranging periodic security valuations and recommending funding security structure.
- Supported by the Payroll and Treasury Coordinator oversee the effective maintenance and use of AssetCore for intelligent security management (ISM).
- Support the Director of Finance and ICT and the Group Financial Controller in assessing and delivering refinancing opportunities or arranging new loan facilities, considering funding effect /requirements of major corporate transactions, working with external advisors / consultants as required
- Manage loan draw downs and repayments including maintenance of records and accounting entries.
- Manage the day to day requirements of bond investors and the debt capital markets. Assume primary responsibility for maintenance of the investors area of the Accent website and any investor communications.
- Maintain full documentation library for all loans, to enable staff to readily ascertain the nature of any particular funding arrangement and any special features attached to that arrangement.
Day to day Banking
- Manage bank account arrangements for the group (mandates, authority levels, online access).
- Assume primary administration rights for the group bank accounts and ensure appropriate checks and controls are in place to minimise risk.
- Work with colleagues across the business to promote a positive control environment and ensure appropriate levels of fraud awareness are embedded
- Assist Accounts Payable Team and the Head of Finance (Corporate) in reviewing ways of working to improve Treasury operations.
- Maintain good Funder relationships, including responding to requests for information promptly.
Reporting and Other
- Maintain and report to the Executive and Treasury Committee as required, interest variance analysis, debt summaries and appropriate KPI's.
- Collate periodic economic updates to support strategic decisions in relation to funding and business planning.
- Provide Treasury input into the annual development parameter review for utilisation by development colleagues.
- Prepare the annual weighted average cost of debt calculation and consolidated intercompany lending rate thereon.
- Work with the Legal Team on Inter-Company Loans to ensure compliance, proper documentation and maintenance of appropriate records, including application of appropriate interest rates.
- Assume primary responsibility for the Accent Group credit card account to include liaison with card providers, maintenance of the card user list and authority thresholds and ongoing review and publication of the card holder policy.
- To uphold the Group's code of conduct, ethos, policies, procedures and systems including those related to Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
- To cover for colleagues as appropriate.
- To undertake all other responsible duties as directed by line management.
- Deliver work to internal/external SLA required standards.
- To implement agreed improvements to processes and procedures in a timely manner.
- To assist in any projects that relate to the department directly or indirectly.
- To take part in any training organized for the continued development of the corporate finance department.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Treasury management experience - unlikely to have been achieved with less than 3 years in a similar post.
- Appropriate qualification - ACT or CCAB with relevant experience
- Strong understanding of funding lines and approaches to accessing liquidity
- Understanding of databases and management thereon
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Minimum GCSE in English and Maths or equivalent
What you'll get in return
This is a highly flexible role to be based a minimum of 1 day a week in one of the organisations key locations. They are also open to parttime applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's