|Job Title:||Treasury Manager|
|Salary:||£85000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||March 11, 2021 08:10|
Focus on developing and managing the Bank's corporate dealing activities especially (ALM) & cash modelling.
Your new company
A challenger back with a small group function based in Central London.
Your new role
To assist the Treasurer in developing and managing the Bank's corporate dealing activities with particular focus on Asset and Liability Management (ALM) and cash modelling.
- Daily management of the ALM function - specifically managing the bank's liquidity, IRRBB exposures and monitoring of the Bank's overall cost of funds ensuring alignment with the business model and the internal funds transfer pricing model;
- Working closely with asset generating areas to ensure profit margins are monitored and optimised through use and further development of the internal funds transfer pricing model (FTP);
- Working closely with Risk Management and Finance in the production of management information pertaining to the balance sheet, including but not exclusively P&L, net profit margins, liquidity ratios, profit rate risk reports and regulatory buffer requirements;
- Execution of daily money market transactions, including FX and capital market transactions;
- Sourcing and collating external inter-bank Treasury agreements and managing the approval process in line with Bank policies;
- Attending, as required by line manager, ALCO or other deal team meetings as Treasury support or representative;
- Managing and developing the new apprentice, to ensure he has a thorough understanding of the Treasury function and is successful in his apprentice course.
Tasks will include:
- Asset and Liability Management including FTP;
- Cashflow Modelling - preparation and running of scenario tests on Excel and other applications for transactions and/or asset and liability profiles;
- Market Knowledge - keeping up to date on the markets of focus at any time, whilst contributing suggestions/strategies on new sectors and / or geographies;
- Products - Application of skill set to the strategic development, cashflow modelling and marketing documents of all Treasury products;
- Execution - ensuring timely and efficient execution of transactions, including preparation of internal approval documents and new product development.
What you'll need to succeed
Required knowledge & skills:
- Relevant professional qualifications would be beneficial.
- Experience of working in a Treasury / Middle Office environment particularly with a focus on cash modelling. Working knowledge of treasury cash book management;
- Working knowledge of asset and liability management - IRRBB and Liquidity Risk measurement methodologies (knowledge of hedging strategies and execution beneficial).
- Strong understanding of Treasury based models:
- Advanced Excel skills required. Must be comfortable working with large, dynamic datasets.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's