Transaction Advisory Services Manager
|Job Title:||Transaction Advisory Services Manager|
|Contact Name:||Heena Rathod|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 13:21|
Markets - commercial understanding
• manages situations in order to optimise financial returns for the client and the firm.
Business development/winning work/selling
• is building an external network from which to generate and convert leads.
• maintains and monitors their network using a structured approach.
• is building a personal profile in the external market.
• plays a role in marketing events, originating material and presenting to external audiences.
• proactively seeks out business development opportunities.
• participates in new client proposal situations.
• suggests innovative selling solutions whilst pro-actively identifying cross-selling opportunity.
• ensures all public relations on completed assignments is performed.
• takes responsibility and ownership of the client relationship at the appropriate level in the client's organisation at board level.
• manages client relationships.
• ensures client needs are met in a way that is advantageous to both the client and the firm.
• liaises with the work provider and/or the client regularly and will deal with new work enquiries from intermediaries. Client take on/risk management
• consults effectively with specialists within the firm when faced with complex risk management.
• identifies and evaluates risk management issues and mitigates risk appropriately.
• instils a risk management culture within the team.
• Oversees and manages letters of engagement internally and with the client.
• oversees the report preparation process, ensuring a quality document is produced, which is relevant to the business.
• reviews final drafts of reports ensuring broader market issues are included.
• manages all aspects of the transaction competently, advising junior team members on technical aspects of the transaction.
• develops solutions to increasingly complex technical issues.
• interprets and analyses complex information, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately.
• takes responsibility for a task and gives direction, structure and responsibility to others in order to get the job done by appropriate delegation.
• oversees the drafting of the engagement letter.
• ensures that the assignment is completed within budget.
• Supports the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
• undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
People Team contribution/ management
• is an approachable and respected member of the team who takes a proactive interest in the team's performance and wellbeing.
• leads, motivates and coaches managers by inducting effectively, giving regular feedback and timely performance reviews.
• proactively maximises efficiencies by ensuring effective allocation of resource to assignments and providing development opportunities to the team.
• demonstrates an understanding of how to build an effective team by understanding the components and strengths of the wider team and how this fits with the client and the department strategy.
Operations and results
• prepares budgets for client assignments and manages client expectations about changes and overruns.
• ensures assignments are delivered profitably.
• contributes to ensuring maximum utilisation of team members and identifies and implements opportunities to work more efficiently.
• ensures compliance with, and adherence to, the firm's risk management policies and procedures.
- ACA (or equivalent)
- 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent)
- CF qualification
- Previous experience in Transaction Advisory ideally within professional services
- Managerial experience
- Wide experience of client facing work in relevant industry sectors
- Substantial experience of applying commercial judgement
- Experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing reports
- Good working knowledge of MS Powerpoint, Excel & Word, internet and email
- Niche specialism
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Services Assistant Manager
Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Experienced Manager/Senior Manager - Accounting Services
Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
NAS Senior Manager – Audit Professional Services (Happy to talk flexible working)
60000 - 85000
Financial Controller - Professional Services
St. Albans, Hertfordshire