Technical Standards, Financial Reporting - Manager/Snr Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Standards, Financial Reporting - Manager/Snr Manager|
|Salary:||£60000 - £80000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Colin Hawkins|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2021 10:02|
As a Manager or Senior Manager in the Technical Standards department of this large accountancy firm, you will provide technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting matters.
This role fits within the technical department of an international firm of accountants.
As a Manager or Senior Manager in the Technical Standards department, you will provide technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting matters.
Predominantly internally focussed, the department works mainly with the firm's audit stream, but also interacts with tax, corporate finance and forensic services teams.
Principal activities include:
- Reviewing the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards and relevant company law and regulatory requirements;
- Providing clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries relating to IFRSs, UK GAAP and related company law and regulation;
- Developing financial reporting tools and guidance for use by the firm's partners and staff;
- Preparing and presenting financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally; and
- Writing articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications.
- A manager in the team would be expected to undertake work in all of these areas, with limited supervision.
The role would be particularly suited to an individual with experience of working within the technical department of another major firm of accountants, although it would also be suited to an auditor demonstrating a strong technical aptitude looking to move into a technical role.
- A strong working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102), the Companies Act and related regulation, with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions.
- Practical experience of the review of the annual reports of private and publicly traded companies.
- A genuine desire to continue to develop your expertise and gain relevant experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A desire to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals.
- ACA or similar professional accountancy qualification
Excellent salary and benefits.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Manager - Sustainability reporting
Interim Accounting and Reporting Manager
Corporate reporting (ACS) Manager 2 year secondment
Technical Senior Audit Manager
£HighlyCompetitive plus Excellent Benefits
Audit Technical Manager - Competency Centre, Bradford