|Job Title:||Technical Associate|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newland|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2020 12:16|
The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) is responsible for promoting transparency and integrity in business. We are the UK Competent Authority for audit and set the UK Corporate Governance and Stewardship Codes as well as UK standards for accounting, auditing and actuarial work. We monitor and take action to promote the quality of corporate reporting and operate independent enforcement arrangements for accountants and actuaries. Further information about the role of the FRC can be found at www.frc.org.uk.
The Professional Oversight Team is responsible for a number of statutory and non-statutory functions for oversight of the professional bodies responsible for regulation of auditors, accountants and actuaries. This includes the independent oversight of the Recognised Supervisory Bodies (RSBs) and Recognised Qualifying Bodies (RQBs recognised to regulate auditors.
We are seeking an experienced administrator with an interest in regulation for a role that combines administrative responsibilities with working on the oversight of professional bodies.
A successful candidate will take responsibility for administrative activities, suited to their past experience, skillset and qualifications. Appropriate training will be provided, if necessary. We are currently looking for candidates with experience relevant to one or more of the following areas:
- Data management and research – managing data requested for our regulatory oversight, and research of publicly available information, including coordinating with FRC’s Economics and Data Analysis team.
- Information technology – supporting the Professional Oversight Team in its use of Pentana Vision IT system, Retain, MS Access databases and other software tools developed in-house based on MS Excel or MS Access; training new team members to use Pentana Vision IT system; maintaining and developing in house IT tools and producing management information.
- Stakeholder engagement – supporting Project Managers and Project Associates by organizing regular and ad hoc meetings, roundtables and other events with our internal and external stakeholders (primarily BEIS and the professional bodies); provide updates to the team on planned stakeholder engagement activities; and proactively engage with Professional Oversight Team members to advise when meetings are due.
The Technical Associate will also support Project Managers and Project Associates, in fulfilling tasks associated with the principal statutory and non-statutory functions of Professional Oversight, which include:
- Oversight of the Recognised Supervisory Bodies (RSB) and Recognised Qualifying Bodies for corporate audit, local audit and Crown Dependencies;
- Registering and regulating third country auditors;
- Oversight of the regulation of the accountancy and actuarial professions in the UK; and
- Supporting development and implementation of FRC’s Professional Oversight policies and procedures.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Education to graduate level or equivalent or other relevant qualifications and experience.
- Knowledge of finance and an interest in financial regulation.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Outlook. Experience of Pentana Vision or Retain would be an advantage.
- Good professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly motivated with good organisation skills and willing to take the initiative.
The role is based in our Central London Office. The post holder should be able to work flexibly to support the team’s activities and also provide cover within the FRC as necessary.
Rewards and benefits
- The FRC offers competitive remuneration packages, including 30 days annual leave plus the ability to buy extra leave.
- The FRC has a strong work / life balance ethos.
The FRC believes that equality of opportunity and diversity is important in the work that we do and we are strongly committed to being an inclusive employer. Our values of being fair and independent supports this commitment. We are a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme, which means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
Equal opportunities monitoring is an important means of demonstrating and implementing our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity and diversity. Completing our diversity form will assist the FRC to identify any barriers that prevent access to employment and career development for certain groups of people, and to develop solutions, such as action plans, new policies and practices. The form is completed on a voluntary basis and we strongly encourage all job applicants to complete it.
Complete the Diversity Form here
Please apply by emailing a copy of your CV and covering letter to the FRC Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the covering letter, please set out, by reference to the person specification above, how you meet the required skillset
- confirm that you have the right to work in the UK
- confirm your current package and benefits, and
- tell us where you heard about this job
Please note that we can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 28 February 2020.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Restructuring Associate Director
60000 - 75000
Associate Case Officer
Project Associate - Monitor Audit Firms
Up to £60600 per annum
Audit & Assurance Technical Advisor
Up to £92000 per annum
Corporate Tax Manager/Associate Director - remote working
£50000 - £90000 per annum