City of London, London
£75000.00 - £95000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
23 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
I am currently working with one of the worlds leading insurance businesses based in an iconic London landmark in the heart of the city. The business has been through a period of change and as a result are hiring a newly created role to report into the head of accounting policy. This is a brilliant business providing scope for career development and progression working within a high performing team.
Your new role
This is a broad role, with key duties and responsibilities including:
- Support the documentation of technical accounting policies under USGAAP, UKGAAP, and other relevant national accounting standards
- Evaluate the effects of new technical accounting policy changes on current processes and ensure impact is fully assessed and applied consistently across the statutory accounts
- Document accounting policies memo for complex transactions
- Provide adhoc technical accounting support to the reporting teams and ensure accurate ledger entries including GAAP adjustments are performed
- Preparation of training, training materials an support in upskilling the business on technical standards
- Keep up to date with changes in accounting standards; coordinating impact responses and recommending appropriate course of action to achieve adherence to the new standards
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant with a strong knowledge of UK GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS with exposure to insurance regulatory standards. You will need to be comfortable explaining complex accounting issues in terms that are easy to understand and action. Solvency II experience would be highly desirable.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in a leading insurance brand in London in a newly created role which offers both the chance to develop technical expertise but also to have exposure to upskilling and interacting with the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.