Technical Accounting Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Accounting Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£80000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Camilla Strachan|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2020 18:06|
Providing technical accounting support across the Group and ensuring compliance with Group accounting policies within the divisions.
- The client is an international business process outsourcing and professional services company headquartered in London. They specialise iin a number of outsourced areas ranging from engineering to security
- They have recently experienced some significant M&A activity
As a critical component of providing technical accounting support, this role will be the revenue recognition expert for the Group, including:
- Overseeing Group compliance with IFRS15, taking responsibility for updating accounting policy documentation and related practical guides and tools; and Working with the divisions to assess the revenue recognition implications of major new contracts and contract modifications.
- Management of the preparation of subsidiary statutory financial statements including: Coordinating the process across the divisions; Updating the financial statement template for new standards and disclosures; Drafting narrative disclosures including the Directors' report and strategic report; and Liaison with divisional finance teams, company secretarial and the auditors to ensure efficient review, audit and sign-off financial statements.
- Overseeing corporate restructurings and dividend flows, including: Assessing proposals to reduce the number of legal entities over time, including the transfer of trading activities between legal entities; and Monitoring and managing the level of distributable reserves across the group.
- Support the Deputy Group Financial Controller in: The monthly consolidation process in Hyperion Financial Management; Preparation of financial statement sections for the Annual Report and Interim report
- Performance of impairment reviews.
- Work with other members of Group Finance to support: Improvements in the accounting and consolidation processes; Drafting Audit Committee papers and Board papers
- A qualified chartered accountant (e.g. ACA), with extensive post qualified experience, ideally 5-10 years;
- Trained with 'Big 4' accountancy firm;
- Strong technical accounting skills, including: Advanced working knowledge of IFRS, FRS101 and FRS102 and Companies Act requirements;
- Experience in applying technical accounting standards in a group consolidation context and also in subsidiary financial statements;
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management, K-Trinity, SAP and TM1 would be an advantage.
- Salary of between £80,000 - £90,000 pa
- Company benefits including 10% bonus
- Flexible working arrangements with regards to home working
- Stunning offices in one of London's most iconic buildings
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£50000 - £60000 per annum
SME Finance Manager
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Commercial Finance Manager
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £48000 per annum
Interim Group Finance Manager
Castle Donington, Leicestershire
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus