Tax Valuations Director
|Job Title:||Tax Valuations Director|
|Salary:||0 - 0|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2020 17:37|
Menzies LLP are recruiting for a talented individual to be our new Business Valuations Director to be based from our central London office. This is a key role to head up the service line and work closely with partners across the firm to grow the overall Valuations service to clients.
Business Valuations work provides the opportunity for a variety of assignments. The nature of the work is project based and covers a spectrum of industries and transactions. As no two valuations are the same, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation.
The ideal candidate must have experience in the following:
- Taxation – We regularly undertake valuations for fiscal purposes mostly in relation to share schemes and probate valuations, and work together with our tax teams on all aspects of tax valuation issues.
- Regulatory and Accounting - combining valuation and accounting skills, the team deals with the requirements for valuations under UK GAAP and international accounting standards. We also assist the firm’s audit teams in the audit of accounting fair values.
It would also be beneficial to have experience across:
- Dispute Resolution –We deal with valuations for divorce purposes, shareholder disputes and other expert valuations, and act as independent experts to the Court.
- Commercial – We advise companies, partnerships and individuals on valuations for acquisitions, disposals and mergers across a range of industries.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for the performance of valuations of businesses, shares, share options, intangible assets and certain other financial assets for the above purposes.
- Managing and developing a team of specialist valuations staff, including the delegation and supervision of valuation work.
- Active engagement in marketing activity, including the development and exploitation of existing networks, the development of new contacts and presenting at marketing events.
- Oversight of the development of team processes and procedures, including identifying opportunities for improvement and executing these as necessary.
- Delivery of valuations to assignment budget and timetable.
- Generate ideas to maximise profitability, and support revenue generation initiatives.
- Be pro-active about managing own development.
- Liaison with the relationship team and adhering to our agreed code of conduct is essential.
- Some travel to other Menzies offices across the south east will be required.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- ACA qualified or equivalent, along with strong academic qualifications.
- At least six years’ full-time business valuations experience with either another accounting firm or specialist valuations firm.
- Extensive experience of share and business valuation techniques including earnings multiples and discounted cash flows.
- Experience of purchase price allocation methodologies for intangible asset valuations, and share option valuation approaches, would also be desirable. Previous exposure to Transfer Pricing work may be desirable also.
- Strong interpersonal skills and client focus are important, as are attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure and the ability to confidently defend valuation opinions.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
M&A Tax Director
Birmingham, West Midlands
£68000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
Tax Director or Manager
Corporate Tax (Advisory) Senior Manager / Director
North West England
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + Flexible benefits, private medical
Valuations and Disputes Associate & Manager
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + 20-40% bonus & benefits
Corporate Tax Associate Director - Market Leading Team
£60000 - £75000 per annum