Tax Specialist (IR35) x3
|Job Title:||Tax Specialist (IR35) x3|
|Salary:||£30,531 - 47,591 per year + Excellent Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Michael Swinburn|
|Job Published:||June 21, 2021 15:02|
Please note the successful candidates will be appointed within the salary bracket and the location is flexible with access to a range of regional offices across England.
The Ministry of Justice is a major government department, at the heart of the justice system. We work to protect and advance the principles of justice. Our vision is to deliver a world-class justice system that works for everyone in society. The organisation works together and with other government departments and agencies to bring the principles of justice to life for everyone in society. From our civil courts, tribunals and family law hearings to criminal justice, prison and probation services. We work to ensure that sentences are served, and offenders are encouraged to turn their lives around and become law-abiding citizens.
The Tax Centre of Excellence (CoE) was the first CoE to be established and is a central resource for tax advice and services available to Government departments. The CoE is made up of the tax teams of the Ministry of Justice (MoJ), Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Home Office (HO), supported by the Ministry of Defence and the Department for Health and Social Care.
This is a specialist role based in the MoJ Tax CoE team and will provide a detailed advisory, support and delivery function covering IR35 and direct tax. The post holder will also need to engage and work in partnership with colleagues across Government departments and collaboratively with HM Revenue and Customs and HMT
The responsibilities of the Tax Specialist will include
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and lead on developing and implementing IR35 which enhances business awareness, knowledge and skills that build broad capability and knowledge promote the work of the Tax CoE
- Providing high quality, timely advice, guidance and active assistance on IR35 and taxation related matters, to assist decision-making and operational effectiveness
- Pro-actively undertake IR35 tax compliance reviews, actively seeking continuous improvement, engaging with key stakeholders and communicating across government
- Producing, clarifying and advising on IR35 and direct tax Policy and compliance, interpreting and preparing guidance and providing clear communications on technical issues which are often challenging and complex in nature.
- Ensuring systems and controls are in place to maintain a strong level of taxation compliance and assurance
- Undertaking technical project work in relation to change initiatives, projects and contracts so that any IR35/tax impact is clearly identified and known early
- Actively contribute to the cross-Government programme of work to make the best use of tax expertise across Government
Key Skills & Experience
- The post holder must have a good working knowledge, track record, experience and understanding of IR35 requirements
- Ability to build and facilitate successful working relationships with both internal and external customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to translate complex rules into guidance that can be understood across the business and disciplines, influence and challenge senior stakeholders
- Ability to assimilate complex information from both internal and external sources and to provide accurate, compete and timely advice and guidance
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work to demanding timescales.
- A willingness to develop further expert knowledge in Tax and Finance and Government Departments
- Knowledge and experience of tax within Government would be useful, but not a necessity
For more information, please apply using the link, or contact Michael Swinburn or Jack White at our retained search agent, Robertson Bell.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's