30000 - 35000
26 days ago
Hive are a forward-thinking accountancy practice specialising in providing services to high value owner managed businesses. Hive have experienced substantial growth throughout the last year and are looking to recruit additional members for our specialist tax team.
You will be helping with the diverse variety of aspects which affect our clients.
This will include:
- Business acquisitions and disposals,
- Corporate restructuring,
- Property restructuring,
- Profit extraction strategies,
- Research and development of new tax strategies,
- Technical tax support,
- Allowances claims,
- Crypto taxation.
This is an opportunity for an experienced accountant with an interest in tax to join our expanding tax department. Working with our Chartered Tax Advisor, you will, in particular, have a very good working understanding of taxation and a desire to focus on and enhance this. Further specialist training is on offer for the correct individual.
Your role at Hive
- Managing/supporting the partner(s) on the delivery of tax projects with technical excellence and a commercial approach
- Providing an excellent level of client service to new and existing clients
- Providing support for the accounts department on complex tax issues
- Understanding and clearly presenting technical tax-matters to clients and other members of the team
- Prepare/review complex self-assessment and/or corporate tax returns
- Liaising with other members of the team and our business partners to provide a comprehensive holistic service to our clients
- Liaising with HMRC as required in a timely and efficient manner
- Training and developing junior members of the team
You will have the ability to think and act independently, gaining the ability to interpret & apply tax legislation to client scenarios. With the support of our highly experienced team, you will be given the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of business situations, helping you service all of our clients’ needs.
- CTA or ACA/ACCA with tax background
- Post-qualification practice experience working with SMEs and junior staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Even before the pandemic, everybody at Hive enjoyed bespoke flexible working arrangements due to our cloud-based setup and facilities within the Innovation Centre in Truro. As we are both ICAEW and ACCA ‘Approved Training Employers’ our commitment to investing in our staff allows us to also consider options for potential candidates still within their training contract.
For the correct individual we are offering:
- Salary – £30k – £35k
- Participation in our profit-sharing model
- 6% contributory employer pension scheme
- 33 days holiday entitlement
- Membership to our company life assurance policy
- Training support
- Hybrid working arrangements