|Job Title:||Tax Senior|
|Location:||Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire|
|Contact Name:||Hermione Rowe|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2021 15:05|
- Based in the Milton Keynes office with flexible home working, the Aim of the Tax Senior role is to assist the managers in dealing with the tax affairs of companies, partnerships, and sole traders.
Mercer & Hole have been helping clients since 1905, which is a testament to their long-standing reputation. However, their real focus is on the future, both for their client's businesses and for creating wealth for the next generation. They are placed in the UK market as a top 40 accountancy firm, one of the top accountancy firms for private client and as a top financial planning company. They are proud to recognised as an independent UK firm with international reach.
The Milton Keynes office client base includes a significant number of owner-managed businesses, including partnerships, sole traders and private companies and UK subsidiary companies.
Main duties will revolve around compliance work and will include the following: -
- Responsible for own portfolio of clients and management of compliance cycle
- Review of work and corporation tax computations prepared by junior members of staff, providing training and coaching support where appropriate.
- Preparing corporation tax computations for larger and more complex corporate clients, including completion of tax provision and deferred tax calculations. Finalising company tax returns for client approval and subsequent submission.
- Working closely with the audit and accounts teams to assist them with tax provisions in accounts.
- Preparation of tax computations and returns for sole traders and partnerships
- Preparation of tax returns for directors and partners
- Drafting correspondence with the client and HMRC
- Capital allowance reviews
- Research & development reviews
- Preparation of capital gains tax computations
- Claims for relief under EIS and VCT and dealing with the relevant elections
- Preparation/review of P11Ds, ERS, non-resident landlord and ATED returns
- Providing support in advising clients on tax planning opportunities including on EIS and reconstructions
As the role develops the candidate will have the opportunity to become more involved in tax planning and advice to clients.
The successful candidate will be expected to work without the need for constant supervision and to show initiative in dealing with clients' affairs. The person will also be expected to take responsibility for monitoring their own time budgets.
Experienced and flexible team workers, the strongest candidates will share the Mercer & Hole's focused client service ethic and respond proactively and positively to the demands of a growing team
Excellent communication, both written and verbal
Audit Senior role will be offered a Competitive salary with additional benefits including:
- 28 days holiday
- Life Assurance 4x
- 37.5 hours Monday - Friday 0900-1730 with flexi hours
- Opportunity to be part of fantastic company culture
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's