£Competitive package with excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
Sopher + Co
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries. Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
We are looking for an experienced Tax Senior to join our growing Tax team in our Borehamwood office with a potential start in June 2021.. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients. You’ll also be responding to client queries, so it’s essential you’ll be comfortable in providing full confidentiality, transparency and exceeding expectations whenever possible. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and advising managers on clients’ residency and non-domiciliary status including where applicable reference to the remittance basis charge
- Preparing tax returns for a diverse range of clients including individuals, sole traders, partnerships and trusts
- Preparing various tax forms, including but not limited to P11D’s, PSA, NRL returns and ATED’s and elections for clients where required
- Reviewing tax notices and preparing correspondence to clients
- Ensure all client work is completed within specific budgets and timeframes, keeping the Tax Manager informed of assignments and progress
- Effectively communicating queries to clients as required
- Keep abreast of developments in taxation
- Undertaking technical research for clients and tax consultants
- Other ad hoc duties as requested by Manager
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment.
Ideally you will have relevant experience in a similar role, as well as keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Efficiency and accuracy are key as well as strong interpersonal skills, effective communication, and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will also have/be:
- ATT qualified highly desirable
- Previous professional practice experience in taxation
- Experience of four or more tax seasons advantageous
- Solid working knowledge of the SRT, Tax treatment of non-doms and the remittance basis
- Solid understanding of taxation software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.