Tax Semi Senior / Senior
|Job Title:||Tax Semi Senior / Senior|
|Salary:||£Competitive package with excellent benefits and continued study support|
|Contact Name:||Tatjana Golovina|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2020 09:00|
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries. Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience.
We are looking for an experienced Tax Semi-Senior or a recently appointed Tax Senior to join our growing Tax team in our Borehamwood office. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients. You’ll also be responding to client queries, so it’s essential you’ll be comfortable in providing full confidentiality, transparency and exceeding expectations whenever possible. Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing annual tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts and forms P11Ds/PSAs/ATEDs, non-resident landlords
- Dealing with multi property rental accounts
- Assisting in dealing with Enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing basic capital gains computations
- Drafting replies to client or third-party correspondence, seeking further input as appropriate
- Obtaining missing information from the client, third parties or elsewhere in the firm as appropriate
- Ensuring all deliverables are delivered at the correct level and end product being of high quality and within the appropriate deadline
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment.
Ideally you will have relevant experience in a similar role, having completed at least 2 tax sessions. We’ll need you to have a keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Efficiency and accuracy are key as well as strong interpersonal skills, effective communication and the ability to work to tight deadlines. You will also have/be:
- Studying towards ATT/CTA qualification
- Solid understanding of taxation software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Corporate Tax Semi Senior or Senior
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£25000 - £30000 per annum + + study support
Audit Semi Senior
£20000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Part Qualified Accounts Semi Senior - Practice
£22000 - £28000 per annum
0 - 0
£Competitive package with excellent benefits