Tax Semi Senior
|Job Title:||Tax Semi Senior|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Todd|
|Job Published:||May 20, 2019 15:09|
An opportunity to join our firm as a Tax Assistant or Semi Senior, to work within our busy Tax Department in there London office.
Effectively manage own portfolio of 150 to 200 clients, ensuring all deadlines are met.
We provide the full range of professional services typically provided by an established and progressive accountancy firm, including audit and accounts, management consultancy, payroll and taxation.
We aim to be the 'go to' firm for small and medium sized enterprises providing a truly excellent professional service that is tailored to meet clients' needs and requirements. Our clients range from all fields of business, industry, the professions and arts, including large corporates operating nationally and internationally, privately owned businesses of every size, partnerships, sole traders and self-employed individuals.
* Provision of a self-assessment compliance service to include all aspects of personal tax compliance, including partnerships and sole traders
* Employee benefits compliance including preparation of Forms P11D, PAYE coding notices, business expense claims and end of year returns
* Preparing personal tax and capital gains tax returns, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
* Effectively manage own portfolio of 150 to 200 clients, ensuring all deadlines are met
* Liaise effectively and professionally with clients and officers of HMRC on tax compliance issues and enquiries, ensuring that deadlines are met
* Record time spent on each client's affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget and raising own bills when required
* Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as tax webinars/ seminars and CPD updates as necessary
* Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Tax Department or to provide additional assistance to clients
* Strong previous experience in personal tax or qualified to ATT standard
* Good understanding of tax legislation and the ability to apply that technical knowledge to client circumstances
* Good working knowledge of most Personal Tax and Capital Gains Tax matters, including experience of working for self-employed individuals and company directors
* Excellent communication skills, with a good command of written and spoken English
* Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email
* Ability to organise self, prioritise and complete tasks on time
* Ability to check for accuracy and give good attention to detail
* Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment both with one's colleagues and with and for the firm's Managers and Partners
* Good IT skills, including experience of tax software programs, Word, Excel and other Windows based systems
* Prior experience of rental accounts
* Prior experience of using CCH tax software packages
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's