Tax Return Processor
|Job Title:||Tax Return Processor|
|Salary:||20000 - 25000|
|Job Published:||August 13, 2019 14:13|
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy & advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It’s finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our client’s businesses.
Come and work for a recognized employer of choice, where we can offer you a dynamic and rewarding environment with exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors. Our package and benefits are very competitive and work life balance is part of our company culture, we have office locations in London, Surrey, Hampshire and Cardiff and we are a strong believer in developing our staff throughout their career:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave entitlement a year (plus bank holidays)
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Employer contribution & matching pension scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR Program & Social Events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Program - our EAP is available for all Menzies employees. As well as being a confidential support line, it also offers practical financial and life management advice 24 /7 and is completely confidential.
Menzies LLP in Solent is currently looking for a Tax Assistant to work on our large volume of Personal Client Tax returns. This is a unique role that only requires individuals that are happy to be permanently employed by the firm but only work in the Tax busy season which for us runs from September until the end of February every year. In the other months, you will still be employed and paid monthly but are not required to work, however you will be required and involved in team meetings, training exercises/days and any other relevant activity linked to your role and team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- To prepare accurate tax returns efficiently
- Contacting clients with queries
- Liaising with colleagues to gather tax return information
- To be approachable and professional when talking with clients
- Processing Personal & Partnership Tax Returns
- Working to deadlines (main one being 31 Jan for completing and filing tax returns)
- Preparing sole trader and partnership tax computations
- Barristers Tax Returns and Income & Expenditure Statements
- Rental Income & Expenditure Statements
- Capital Gains Tax computations
- Non residence tax return pages
- Preparing tax return letters using templates
- Speaking to HMRC on client’s tax matters
- Filing tax returns with HMRC
- Working in a small processing team and reporting to a manager
- Raising invoices for tax return work
- Dealing with other tax compliance matters on behalf of clients
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Eligibility to work in the UK without any restrictions.
- Must fit with our 'BRIGHT' values!
- Relevant & sufficient experience in processing Tax returns.
- Either ATT qualified or qualified by experience.
- Happy to work during our Tax busy season (September through to end of February).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong team player and a high level of collaborative working.
- Use of CCH tax return software would be an advantage
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the required skills and attributes to be our new XXX then apply online ASAP.
When we require external assistance with our vacancies we will reach out to our PSL supply chain, please be aware we operate a very strict PSL policy with close relationships with our suppliers and cannot respond to agencies outside of the PSL and we do not accept speculative CV's as an introduction. Please do not contact individual hiring managers or the Talent Acquisition team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + progression to Director
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum