Tax Reporting Manager (US GAAP) - FTSE 250
|Job Title:||Tax Reporting Manager (US GAAP) - FTSE 250|
|Salary:||£72000 - £82000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nicholas Hughes|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2020 17:53|
A well known FTSE 250 business is looking to recruit a strong Corporate Tax Reporting Manager to join their London based team. The Tax Reporting Manager will be required to co-ordinate the systems and processes around Tax Reporting in the US GAAP group accounts.
This will include liaison with the various Accounting and Tax teams around the group and co-ordinate the outsourced provider who lead the preparation of the provisions for the group.
This role will also be a key focal point for ensuring SoX controls are documented and reported upon to the Head of Internal Controls.
The role will be a key part of the Groups reporting process. The candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of enthusiasm and drive and excellent communication and writing skills, as well have a strong accounting and tax technical background to ensure the accurate reporting of a variety of complex transactions.
- To manage the process for reporting of tax in the Group accounts, liaising with the various teams in the Corporate and Regional offices, being the initial point of contact for the outsourced provider to provide information and data, and working with the External Reporting team to ensure that journals are appropriately entered into the system.
- To review and provide independent verification of the quarterly and year end tax reporting positions for all required reporting groups, working closely with the outsourced provider, other Accounting and Tax team members especially in London, as well as liaison with local finance teams across various jurisdictions.
- Ensuring Uncertain Tax provisions are correctly considered, working with the outsourced provider and Tax Team to ensure appropriate support for the positions taken.
- To review and ensure disclosures presented in the Group accounts are appropriate under US GAAP.
- Working with the other tax teams in the group, and outsourced provider, to ensure US GAAP tax issues are correctly document for inclusion in the quarterly reporting papers for the Audit Committee and Boards.
- Lead continuous review of the policies, process and systems (including software) used for tax reporting across the regions and their documentation including recommendations for improvement and implementation.
- Responsible for review of Group Tax reporting SoX processes and controls, with quarterly and annual sign off and sub certification requirements and leading documentation, with a view to recommending improvements and maintenance of best practice on an ongoing basis.
Key point of contact with the External Auditors in respect of tax reporting.
- To liaise with Accounting, other members of the Tax Team and advisers in respect of the tax information to be disclosed in the local statutory accounts, leveraging any information used for the US GAAP group accounts.
- To work with the team and/or external advisers to review, document and better improve the Withholding tax compliance process
- To assist the Tax and Accounting teams in respect of any potential restructuring, and work with the outsource provider to determine the impact for US GAAP reporting and compliance.
- Coordination and involvement in ad hoc projects such as software implementation and considering of local and group reporting ledgers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- ACA/CTA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years PQE
- Strong knowledge of accounting for taxes, US GAAP preferred although IFRS considered, as well as a working knowledge of the main features of IFRS and other local territories' accounting rules (including UK GAAP)
- Strong accounting and tax technical ability, particularly around listed groups
- Process and systems implementation experience preferred
- Knowledge of Excel, Oracle, Hyperion and One Source or other tax provision software
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and in situations of ambiguity
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Capable of operating both autonomously but also in a team environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Group Reporting Manager (Natural Resources)
City of London, London
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + bonus
West London, London
West London, London
External Reporting Analysis
Senior Finance Manager
£70000 - £75000 per annum