10 days ago
This role will provide tax technology advisory and support services to a wide range of clients.
The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the sale, management and hands on delivery of tax technology projects to a portfolio of clients. You will working with Partners and Directors in relation to client work and in the management of the Tax Process Engineering Team.
The role requires the individual to actively seek and keep the Partners and Directors informed about any developments with existing and new clients.
- The role primarily is a delivery focussed position. We are looking for experienced practical candidates with experience of running system implementations within tax transformation programmes. The focus is on tax provision system implementations and we are looking for hands on candidates.
- The successful candidate will have been involved with and led successful tax provision tool implementations, either while working in house or as a professional advisor.
- To act as a key Tax contact for the client, together with Partners and Directors. This will involve responding quickly to and anticipating client requests and needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of our tax technology services, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- To take responsibility for the delivery of tax technology services on all projects for your client portfolio
- To manage a portfolio of clients including reviewing and controlling work in progress and proactively billing
- To review work prepared by more junior members of staff and assist with their technical development
- To liaise with relevant technology firms and HMRC
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep the client and Partner informed of extensions to scope and over-runs
- To plan junior staff allocations in order to give them an appropriate spread of experience
- To ensure that the firm's risk and quality control procedures are adhered at all times
- To identify risk and technical matters and raise these
- To provide overall support to the team on client matters and assist in the management of the team. This will include support at times for the recruitment and management of junior staff
- To provide training to more junior staff both on the job and through monitoring exam and on the job performance, whilst consistently providing feedback
- To counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate
Sales and Marketing:
- Ability to recognise business development opportunities and to develop these when they arise
- To participate in bids and proposals for new work
Communication and representation:
- To maintain and develop contact with clients as appropriate
- To act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within the firm
- To contribute centrally by chairing and presenting at internal and external meetings/events
- To work on own initiative
- To consult with colleagues on technical and risk matters
- To contribute to the overall team strategy
- Working knowledge of leading tax provision tools
- Strong corporate tax accounting technical skills, preferably with a grounding in US or European corporate tax.
- Strong knowledge of corporate tax reporting obligations across multiple industry sectors with experience of working within a corporate tax reporting function preferred.
- Strong IT skills with working knowledge of tax software vendor provision solutions
- Experience of working closely with clients to deliver tax technology solutions, incorporating process and technology change. Knowledge of how to scope out and deliver technology projects, and understand the key steps to any tax technology delivery. Have experience of what documentation needs to be prepared, how to manage client expectations.
- Good project management ability
- Junior staff management experience
- Ability to profitably manage a client portfolio and develop new clients
- Identify opportunities to add value to clients through additional tax services
- Experience of dealing directly with clients
- CTA and/or CA/ACA qualified or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrable post qualified tax technology and tax advisory experience
Competitive salary and benefits