Tax opportunities - Reconnect Programme
|Job Title:||Tax opportunities - Reconnect Programme|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 14:20|
EY Reconnect is our career returner’s programme, providing a bridge for professionals re-entering the workplace after an extended career break. The programme offers a route back into work with induction, coaching and mentoring for talented individuals, over an initial 12-week programme. You will reconnect with your career, your previous experience and expertise in roles that are open to flexibility.
This is your opportunity to join our Tax practice as part of the EY Reconnect programme. Due to the continued strong growth of our Tax practices we have varied opportunities to join our Financial Services and UK & I client focused teams in a wide range of tax advisory & technical positions including;
Transaction Tax, Transfer Pricing, Indirect Tax, International Tax Services, Research & Development, Tax Technology, Compliance, Reporting and other aspects of Corporate and Personal Tax
Your key responsibilities
- Contributing to building and maintaining key client relationships by delivering exceptional client service. Managing the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Identifying and driving opportunities - use your knowledge gained from other projects and from our knowledge sharing sessions and technical training to add input to projects and proposals
- Building your own strong client and internal relationships - develop and use your relationship skills to create your own external and internal networks
- Counsel and develop junior staff through delegation and on the job training
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Motivated team player
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA / ACCA / CA / CTA / law or equivalent qualification (or breadth of knowledge equivalent too)
- Previous experience in personal or corporate tax.
- Taken career break of between 2 & 10 years
- Experience at Manager level or above
- The right to work in the UK
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A background in professional services or relevant industry sector
What we look for
Availability to join the programme from April or September 2019. Please note, the core programme is for an initial 12 weeks, but we are happy to discuss a range of options through the selection process.
What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Well established & thriving networks across the firm.
- A Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Company, Times Top 50 Employers for Women, Top 10 Employers for Working Families, and a Stonewall Star Performer.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.