Tax Manager, M&A Tax
|Job Title:||Tax Manager, M&A Tax|
|Contact Name:||HR DEPT HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2020 14:04|
Our Hong Kong M&A tax team advises on all aspects of an M&A transaction, including on the investment, divestment and post-acquisition stages. We work with a range of clients, including multi-national corporations, high profile asset management companies, and regional and global private equity funds. Our main focus is working with clients to manage their investment risks and identify opportunities in Hong Kong and abroad.
We work closely with our Transaction Services team and project and client teams are typically cross-disciplined. A large part of our work involves advising clients on regional and global projects, and provides exposure to international markets and high-profile transactions.
- Reporting directly to Partner / Director, you will use your technical ability and utilise your client relationship skills to win and develop new business
- Working closely with internal and external clients on cross-border/M&A transactions, international tax advisory engagements, due diligence, tax structuring and ad hoc projects
- Be able to apply relevant corporate tax knowledge that is relevant for an M&A transaction without losing sight of other tax considerations
- Develop and implement innovative ways to approach client needs - use research into client businesses (the issues they face, the state of markets, key developments) to initiate new service and product offerings to clients
- Undertake business development activities and market tax services to existing and potential clients
- Keep abreast of new technical developments and solutions, and confidently market these applications to management
- Work collaboratively with members of multiple teams to drive project deliverables, ensuring follow up strategies are in place
- Act as the mentor to coach junior team members
- A degree in Accounting / Finance, law or any other business related discipline and a professional qualification (accounting or legal)
- 5 years or more of M&A tax experience in a professional firm / Big 4 firm or as inhouse-tax advisor
- Knowledge in PRC corporate tax
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and work with all levels of management
- Strong business development and client facing skills
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines
- Excellent organisation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop and manage people effectively through leadership, appropriate delegation, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese) is required
What to expect from KPMG
We believe in purpose driven jobs that reward people. We find out what people are good at, then offer them a career path that lets them do a job they enjoy. We view our employees as our most valuable assets. We offer a rewarding, achievable career path with an attractive remuneration package and full benefits to our employees.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICAEW Professional Level Tax Compliance Examiner
Fees are fixed and paid per examination session
Manager, Information Risk Management, IT Audit
City of London, London
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + bonus + benefits
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + + bonus + benefits
Advisory and Forensic Accountant - Grade 7
£51,050 - £64,750