Tax Manager - Global Retail Business
|Job Title:||Tax Manager - Global Retail Business|
|Salary:||£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + Bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2019 15:52|
Your new role
- Assists the Senior Tax Manager with oversight of general tax matters relating to the Division by partnering with the countries/businesses and providing day-to-day head office tax support to them.
- Understands the Group's tax control framework and identifies areas of potential weakness or opportunities for improvement through business partnering. Acts as the day-to-day "eyes and ears" of Group Tax in this regard.
- Assists as required with oversight of tax reporting for the Division including understanding FIN 48 positions. Liaises with businesses and the financial reporting team(s) to understand, explain, and reconcile key variances, tax disclosures, and reasons for the prevailing tax rate(s).
- Works with and assists as required the UK compliance team in the preparation and review of corporation tax, partnership, and similar tax returns for submission to the UK tax authorities.
- Assists with the preparation and review as required of transfer pricing documentation relevant to countries/businesses within the Division. Works with the Senior Director, Global Transfer Pricing to ensure local transfer pricing compliance requirements are understood and being met/adhered to locally.
- Provides assistance to other tax colleagues in the identification, quantification, administration, and reporting of cross-border withholding taxes. Works with partnered businesses to ensure local compliance in respect of cross-border withholding taxes.
- Attends meetings as required with businesses and provides feedback on a regular basis to the Senior Tax Manager on business developments, including identifying associated potential tax issues and methods of resolution.
- Maintains tax technical awareness in relevant territories and ensures that significant changes to tax regimes and/or compliance requirements are flagged for the Group to act upon if required.
- Assists as required in the preparation and review of the Tax Status Report, Periodic Tax Report, and/or similar internal documents.
- Works with the UK compliance team as required to respond to HMRC queries or tax audits. Works with partnered businesses to understand local tax audits and provide briefings to the Senior Tax Manager as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified accountant with experience in a tax department of a multi-national company or in one of the top 4 accounting firms.
- Hands-on experience of advising on international tax matters relating to multi-national companies desired.
- Some experience of advising on tax implications of domestic and cross-border financing and restructuring projects.
- Exposure to transfer pricing issues and documenting of cross-border related party transactions.
- Understanding and hands-on experience of financial reporting under IFRS and/or US GAAP; exposure to financial reporting standards/requirements in other countries an advantage.
- Practical experience of working with third-party professional advisers in multiple countries.
- Understanding and/or experience of indirect and employment taxes in a multi-national context an advantage.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner - Operations
Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000 - £55000 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum + + £5k flexible working benefit