11 days ago
Tax Manager – Finchley
We are recruiting for a Tax Manager to work within our Finchley office. This is a mixed tax manager role, reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients and providing support for the Senior Tax Manager.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled commercial individuals to join the team in order to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930’s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Manager role is offering a competitive salary, study support (if needed), a great career path to progress within the firm and a great benefits package.
The Tax Manager duties will be:
- Managing the tax compliance processes to ensure that tax returns are filed on a timely basis and clients are advised of tax payments
- Managing the annual reporting for Employment Related Securities (ERS), ATED, and P11Ds
- Reviewing corporation tax computations, returns and statutory accounts tax disclosures
- Reviewing personal tax returns and computations
- Reviewing partnership tax returns and computations
- Preparation of more complex personal tax computations and returns
- Following established procedures for workflows and updating these when necessary
- Dealing with tax enquiries
- Conducting technical research
- Working with the Senior Tax Manager on projects and advisory work
- Identifying tax planning opportunities for clients (individuals, businesses, companies, etc.)
- Liaising with the Partners
- Delegating work to Tax Seniors and Tax Juniors
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- 2 - 3 years’ post-qualification tax compliance experience
- Experience in a small or mid-tier accountancy practice with exposure to owner-managed businesses
- Experience of management of tax compliance processes
- Broad and general tax knowledge of all aspects of direct taxes
- Line manager experience
- ATT, CTA, ACA or ACCA with tax experience
The Tax Manager will have the below skills
- Excellent time management, planning, project management, team management and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills (including experience of communicating with clients directly)
- Good technical research and writing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent tax technical knowledge
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and self-reliant
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
If you are keen to secure a Tax Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.