|Job Title:||Tax Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jacob Jones|
|Job Published:||September 15, 2020 15:01|
Contribute to and lead a growing tax function at an exceptional practice firm. Opportunity to become a Tax Partner at the firm.
A leading accountancy practice based in Newport undergoing continued and sustained positive expansion and growth. The firm and Tax Manager role provides genuine prospects for long-term career progression, development and Partner opportunities.
The key responsibilities for this Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Line manage and build a team of tax specialists covering both corporate and personal compliance.
- Build and create a consistent business development pipeline in line with key targets and the strategic plan, by meeting potential new clients with tax advisory requirements.
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients.
- To assist the client relationship mangers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisory such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm.
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns.
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team.
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work.
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of Client Services Department.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field.
- Demonstrable experience of developing teams of juniors to complete compliance work efficiently and with support.
- Experiences of building a tax compliance function and motivating and working with training teams to identify team members career pathways in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrable experience of building and growing tax a advisory function with profitable returns.
- Technical skill set based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client facing experience.
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences.
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firms open style to new work streams and methods.
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential.
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning.
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, roll over relief and gift relief.
- A working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions.
Fantastic office location.
Well established, supportive team.
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further career such as Partner opportunities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Private Client Tax Manager
£45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + working from home
Accounts and Tax Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Mixed Tax Manager
R&D Tax Manager
Corporate Tax Manager
£35000 - £45000 per annum