|Job Title:||Tax Manager|
|Location:||Wakefield, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Beck|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2020 09:32|
Great opportunity for a Tax Manager looking to make their first move into industry.
Working within the Tax team of a large and complex manufacturing business, based in Wakefield.
Our client are a leading Manufacturing and Production business with a strong presence in the UK and throughout Europe. They are at the forefront of serving the UK's needs during this difficult time, and as such need to make sure they have the right talent across the business to do this effectively.
You'll join a team which is relatively new, meaning you'll have a real opportunity to shape your own role and help grow the team's influence across the group.
As Tax Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Preparing tax provisions and tax notes to be included in the financial statements (at both group and entity level) under FRS 102.
- Preparing quarterly and half yearly group tax provisions
- Preparing some annual corporation tax computations and returns and liaising with advisers to prepare the remainder including undertaking a first review of these
- Drafting technical analysis and correspondence to support communications with HMRC including dealing with enquiries where applicable
- Managing a group's tax position specifically with regards to group loss planning, corporate interest restriction, Country-by-Country reporting, capital allowance reviews, R&D tax credits, transfer pricing and Patent Box
- Reviewing the monthly VAT returns for the group and any single entity returns
- Supporting the group in implementing Phase 2 of Making Tax Digital for VAT
- Preparing the Group's annual PAYE Settlement Agreement
- Providing tax input to any M&A activity
- Keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation and best practice and considering how they will apply to the group
- Having responsibilities for continuous improvement in the group tax function to maintain efficiency and effectiveness
- Being a key contact for the group's finance team, HMRC and external advisers
The successful Tax Manager will:
- Be ACCA, ACA or CTA newly qualified
- Have a background in Indirect Tax or Corporation Tax
- Be highly numerate and commercially aware
- Have strong communications and team skills
- Have personal responsibility for delivery
In return, the client are offering:
- Competitive Salary up to £45,000
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, as part of a highly successful manufacturing business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Tax Manager - Homeworking
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Tax Manager - In House
£75000 - £85000 per annum
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Audit/Financial Control Manager (FTC)