|Job Title:||Tax Manager|
|Location:||Wakefield, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£39000 - £43000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Beck|
|Job Published:||April 09, 2020 13:00|
Great opportunity for a first time mover looking to make a move into a varied Tax Manager position in Industry.
Working within the Tax team of a large and complex manufacturing business, based in Wakefield.
Our client are a leading Manufacturing and Production business with a presence in the UK and throughout Europe.
As Tax Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Preparing tax provisions and tax notes to be included in the financial statements (at both group and entity level) under FRS 102.
- Preparing quarterly and half yearly group tax provisions
- Preparing some annual corporation tax computations and returns and liaising with advisers to prepare the remainder including undertaking a first review of these
- Drafting technical analysis and correspondence to support communications with HMRC including dealing with enquiries where applicable
- Managing a group's tax position specifically with regards to group loss planning, corporate interest restriction, Country-by-Country reporting, capital allowance reviews, R&D tax credits, transfer pricing and Patent Box
- Reviewing the monthly VAT returns for the group and any single entity returns
- Supporting the group in implementing Phase 2 of Making Tax Digital for VAT
- Preparing the Group's annual PAYE Settlement Agreement
- Providing tax input to any M&A activity
- Keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation and best practice and considering how they will apply to the group
- Having reponsibilities for continuous improvement in the group tax function to maintain efficiency and effectiveness
- Being a key contact for the groups' finance team, HMRC and external advisers
The successful Tax Manager will:
- Be ACCA, ACA or CTA newly qualified
- Have a background in Indirect Tax or Corporation Tax
- Be highly numerate and commercially aware
- Have strong communications and team skills
- Have personal responsibility for delivery
In return, the client are offering:
- Competitive Salary
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, as part of a highly successful manufacturing business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's