Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £45000 per annum
23 days ago
This role will be split between various taxes including indirect and Corporation Tax and will report directly into the Group Senior Tax Manager.
My client are a leading manufacturing business with a presence in the UK and Europe.
- Preparing tax provisions and Tax notes to be included in the financial statements (at both group and entity level) under FRS 102.
- Preparing quarterly and half yearly group tax provisions
- Preparing some annual corporation tax computations and returns and liaising with advisers to prepare then remainder including undertaking a first review of these.
- Drafting technical analysis and correspondence to support communications with HMRC include dealing with enquires where applicable
- Managing a group's tax position specifically with regards to group loss planning, corporate interest restriction, Country - by - Country reporting, capital allowance reviews, R&D tax credits, transfer pricing and Patent Box.
- Reviewing the monthly VAT returns for the group and any single entity returns
- Supporting the group in implementing Phase 2 of Making Tax Digital for VAT
- Preparing the Group's annual PAYE Settlement Agreement
- Providing tax input to any M&A activity
- Keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation and best practice and considering how they will apply to the group
- Having responsibilities for continuous improvement in the group tax function to maintain efficiency and effectiveness
- Being a key contact for the groups' finance team, HMRC and external advisers
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACCA, ACA or CTA newly qualified
- Have a background in Indirect Tax or Corporation Tax
- Be highly numerate and commercially aware
- Have strong communications and team skills
- Have personal responsibility for delivery
Offer to the candidate:
- Competitive Salary
- A chance to work in a past faced environment which will challenge you