|Job Title:||Tax Manager|
|Contact Name:||Jacob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2020 16:11|
Provide an ambitious entrepreneurial approach to Tax advice in a dynamic Tax Manager role. Contribute to a growing tax function and work in line with strategic aims of the firm with a huge emphasis on R&D side coming into to play. Build and grow your client base to reflect the delivery of key targets set and aid in continual profitable growth of the tax function.
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of client. The firm offers a very supportive and team focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long serving staff. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Tax Manager position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- Reporting operationally to the Head of Client Services, with a technical reporting line to a tax partner in respect of project/advisory work.
- Line manage a team of tax specialists covering both corporate and personal compliance.
- Build and create a consistent business development pipeline in line with key targets and the strategic plan, by meeting potential new clients with tax advisory requirements.
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients.
- To assist the client relationship mangers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisory such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm.
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns.
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team.
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work.
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of Client Services Department.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Tax Manager role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field.
- Demonstrable experience of developing teams of juniors to complete compliance work efficiently and with support
- Experiences of building a tax compliance function and motivating and working with training teams to identify team members career pathways in a dynamic environment
- Demonstratable experience of building and growing tax a advisory function with profitable returns
- Technical skill set based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client facing experience, more specifically experience in EIS and R&D.
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firms open style to new work streams and methods
- Trained with and gained considerable experience within the 'Top 4' and/or top tier firms such as BDO, RSM, Grant Thornton, Crowe Horwath, Baker Tilly, Mazars, Saffery's etc
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, roll over relief and gift relief
- A working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions
Competitive salary - fantastic commission structure
No core hours - work life balance
Fantastic office location
Well established, supportive team
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further career
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's