50000 - 70000
V141 Tax Manager
28 days ago
Ellacotts is a Top 100 UK accounting firm that provides a friendly working environment, challenging client work and great career opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded and experienced individual to join a well-established practice. Our practice has a wide variety of clients ranging from traditional UK resident and domiciled individual the owners of private businesses, HNWIs, non-doms and all types of UK trusts. The individual must be technically strong and be interested in working on a range of client matters. They will be able to develop their specialism within the team should they wish to or be a broad generalist. We do not expect the successful candidate to have experience across our full range of clients but would anticipate that they had deeper expertise in some aspect of private client work; however, this does not need to be a particular specialism.
Hear what our current employees have to say here: https://www.ellacotts.co.uk/careers/working-at-ellacotts/
Purpose of the Role
The individual sought will be responsible for the management and delivery of tax work to the wider firm, be willing to tackle new projects (with appropriate support).
- Working with clients on a daily basis to deepen relationships and develop new opportunities;
- Work with Partners of all departments autonomously to create and deliver innovative solutions for our clients;
- Advising private clients in connection with their tax affairs;
- Drafting detailed technical reports, including reviewing and presenting the computational aspects to accompany such advice;
- Coaching more junior members of the team to develop their advisory skills;
- Acting as mentor and appraiser for more junior members of the team;
- Providing an efficient, client focussed and proactive service to meet the needs of private clients;
- Identifying tax planning opportunities and being able to convey the potential rewards and risks to clients and prospects;
- Developing new work from existing clients, attending meetings, building good working relationships with clients and colleagues and putting advisory skills to good use;
- Working with Partners/team members on complex technical assignments;
- Act as focal point of relevant tax knowledge, proactively disseminating that knowledge to relevant individuals to actively improve the overall tax ability within the Firm and asset with tax training across the firm;
- Along with the Partners, take ownership of controlling work in progress, by progressing work to completion/billing point in a timely manner. Liaising with the Partners regarding work in progress and raising bills/ assisting as required:
- Ensuring that the firm’s risks are managed appropriately;
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to client matters and dealing with enquiries from HMRC
- ACA, CTA qualified or able to demonstrate the appropriate level of experience.
- Capability to work independently with a positive attitude and a willingness to tackle new challenges;
- Experience of delivering a wide range of private client tax planning and advisory services;
- Ability to prioritise, supervise and develop staff;
- Technically strong - able to undertake advisory work as well as oversee and review tax compliance for private clients;
- Good client relationship and communication skills;
- Commercially aware;
- Strong delivery skills and ability to work effectively to deadlines.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous benefits package including 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Medical cashplan
- Bupa healthcare
- Real opportunity for progression
- Fantastic culture including regular staff socials and a friendly office environment
- Chance to network at a range of events
- Full support and ongoing training for your personal development and to keep up to date with tax changes