|Job Title:||Tax Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£75000.00 - £82500.00 per annum + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2019 11:36|
Your new role
This role is to manage a comprehensive direct tax, advisory, reporting and planning service for the European business. Reporting into the Head of Tax the role will assume responsibility for managing all direct tax reporting, compliance and planning, assisted by two direct reports (experienced assistant managers).
The main focus is European tax however the group is expanding into Asia Pac, South and Central America. The successful candidate will be responsible for moving forward existing and creating new tax opportunities. They will be a calm, positive, proactive, a proven self-starter, able to motivate and build a project team to drive forward a clear vision, managing both internal and external stakeholders from the start through to the completion of a project. It is therefore essential that the successful candidate has a proven ability to balance multiple, varied work streams and projects.
They will be responsible for maintaining and developing the tax governance and controls environment within the group. This will include the preparation of a quarterly tax reporting pack for Senior Executives.
- Supporting Head of Tax on ad-hoc projects;
- Motivating and challenging two direct reports;
- Manage the groups direct tax compliance and reporting requirements including but not restricted to, tax provisions, tax returns, UK European & US reporting, planning and forecasting;
- Creating and identifying tax opportunities. This includes building and maintaining project momentum;
- Collaborate with the Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing Manager with their tax projects;
- Assist with the maintenance of Tax Strategy;
- Manage, maintain and develop the groups tax governance and controls framework. This includes responding to new and perceived tax risks and addressing control weaknesses;
- Develop and maintain SAO sign off procedures;
- Represent the Tax Team by Business Partnering and clearly communicating tax positions;
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including professional advisors, tax authorities;
- Keep up to date with tax legislative developments across all taxes. This can be done in conjunction with the Transfer Pricing & Risk Manager and Indirect Tax Manager to identify opportunities;
- Responsible for the groups companies FATCA and CRS compliance;
- Respond to adhoc business queries;
- Management of employer compliance issues as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Experience
- Post qualified ACA or CTA and experience gained from within Financial Services either in industry or a large accountancy firm;
- Proven track record of building a successful team;
- Not afraid of challenging people or difficult conversations;
- Lloyds market experience;
- Proven ability to plan and achieve deadlines;
- Good working knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource tax package;
- Deep UK and working US tax knowledge;
- A good understanding of accounting standards (including new IFRS and US GAAP);
- Proven track record of delivering pragmatic solutions to internal stakeholders;
- An awareness of Solvency II tax issues would be advantageous.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's