Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
5 days ago
Sopher + Co
Established in 1975, Sopher + Co is a trusted business adviser of choice for entrepreneurs, owner-managed businesses, high net worth individuals, professional partnerships and expats. Our roots in Elstree led to our early client base in the media and entertainment industry. Since then we have grown immensely, with our portfolio now spanning over 20 industries.
Our success is within our people - with endless opportunities and open-mind approach, Sopher + Co is a place where you can drive your career and ambitions forward, sharing and promoting our commitment to excellent client experience. We take individual approach to our talent and work together to reach mutual goals, whilst building a truly diverse, equal, proud and happy workplace. Our engaged and committed teams of professionals will assist you with achieving your career goals in an atmosphere of respect, understand and full support.
With continuous growth, we have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Junior/Graduate with a potential start in June 2021 and who aspires to progressing within a well-established and friendly practice. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
You will have a keen eye for detail, teamed with the ability to spot any inaccuracies or duplications and provide resolutions. Efficiency and accuracy are key as well as exceptional interpersonal skills, effective communication and the ability to work to deadlines.
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tax return preparation for a wide variety of clients, including income tax and capital gains tax calculations and multiple rental accounts
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries and compliance checks
- P11Ds, PSAs, ATED, coding notices and assisting with sundry tax matters
- Prepare Tax compliance documents for clients where required
- Managing and updating workflow and tasks
- Preparing initial draft correspondence to clients
- Meet client work deadlines
- Agree time budgets with managers and seek to meet time targets
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times in accordance with Sopher + Co policies and procedures
- Ensure workpapers and files are prepared in accordance with Sopher + Co standards
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the Manager
As your role develops, we’ll offer you scope to work in more structural and advisory areas, depending upon your progress. We’ll also offer you the opportunity of future progression and development, including full study support towards professional qualification.
Sopher + Co take pride in their employees and their achievements whilst praising and recognising hard work. We are looking for people who embrace the 3 C’s – change, challenge and commitment. We enjoy working with people who can work well with others and in turn enjoy working amongst a diverse team of professionals.
You will ideally hold a degree in a relevant discipline, however those with relevant experience will be considered. You will be confident in working to a high standard, have excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to your work.
You will also have/be:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- High level time management skills
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Understanding of taxation software would be advantageous.
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel and Outlook
In addition to the above successful candidate will be organised and commercially minded, displaying level of flexibility, professionalism, confidence and ability to build successful relationships through credibility, trust and mutual respect.
We will offer you a competitive package, including extensive benefits for you and your family, a comfortable warm and friendly environment with great people and the chance to work with some of the most prestigious clients that no other family-based firm can offer. Sopher + Co strongly believe in staff development and continuously encourage internal progression.
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business.