Tax Hub Associate
|Job Title:||Tax Hub Associate|
|Salary:||20000 - 30000|
|Contact Name:||Jaanaki Gajjar|
|Job Published:||July 19, 2019 12:01|
BDO LLP is an accountancy and business advisory firm, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
We share our clients’ ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
BDO LLP operates in 17 locations across the UK, employing 5,000 people offering tax, audit and assurance, and a range of advisory services. BDO LLP has revenues of £590m and is the UK member firm of the BDO International network. The BDO global network provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
The firm is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Associate to join the Tax Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within BDO’s rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to BDO colleagues in the tax stream. The teams’ scope of service includes personal, corporate and indirect taxation.
The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to the next phase of BDO’s Shared Service strategy.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
• Support regional client facing tax teams with review and QA of personal, corporate and VAT tax returns processed by the tax hub team
• Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members’ output
• Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions
• Work extensively with BDO’s tax software and workflow tools
• Deliver QA outputs to agreed timescale, quality and volume
• Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK
• Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon seasonality of core work
• ATT Qualified or equivalent QBE
• Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
• IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous
• Well presented with a professional level of communication – both verbal and written
• Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
• Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate
• Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated
• Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
• Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£20000 - £30000 per annum
Audit Associate Director
Senior Associate / Accountant
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £38000 per annum + benefits + bonus
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£18000 - £25000 per annum