Tax Consultant- R&D
|Job Title:||Tax Consultant- R&D|
|Contact Name:||Tayla Camber-Thomas|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019 12:22|
We are hiring!
Do you want to join a dynamic, friendly, fast-growing financial consultancy?
Leyton UK is looking for a Tax Specialist to join our in-house management consultancy team to provide intuitive, market led insight within Research and Development Tax Relief and provide a first-class service to our clients.
About Leyton UK:
Businesses need help to unleash the potential that is latent within them – but too often they don’t have the objectivity to spot new opportunities that will help them evolve and grow.
Leyton UK helps them do just that. Founded in France in 1997 and now operating all over the world, we find opportunities in our clients’ processes and ways of working with them that others can’t see, then unlock them to create value efficiently.
In the UK, we have over 250 employees with offices in London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
We advise clients on all aspects of innovation funding, energy consultancy and capital advisory, enabling them to innovate and grow to be best of their potential
What will you be doing:
The primary focus of the role will be to provide financial advice to UK Companies who invest in R&D. You will be working with existing and new clients to extend and expand their businesses in line with their business costs and relevant innovation efforts, helping to identity if, and to what extent, their work is technically qualifying within the UK R&D Relief Regulations.
Our clients work in a wide range of industries; from scientists developing new medical technology to architects working on ground-breaking construction projects. Working within a team of Science, IT, and Engineering consultants, you will be working on cutting-edge research projects and given full responsibility of building your own relationships with senior stakeholders and key decision makers.
Your day to day will be:
- Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them in respect to clients’ development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met.
- Working in line with HMRC legislation to draft clear technical and financial documents to justify R&D activities to UK tax authorities.
- Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries.
- Interviewing key technical and financial leads and developing relationships.
- Running workshops, addressing seminars, conferences, etc., to express professional views regarding R&D tax relief and other sources of R&D funding.
- Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax relief.
- Managing client’s R&D claims throughout the project, advising and liaising in collaboration with Tax and Science/Engineering/IT colleagues to ensure deadlines and objectives are met.
- Informing clients and third parties with updates on the ongoing development of the R&D tax relief scheme.
- Providing support to R&D tax relief claims in the event of HMRC enquiries.
Desired experience and skills:
- Qualified accounting or tax professional with ATT, ICAS or ICAEW or other equivalent professional bodies.
- Experience in UK corporation tax compliance is beneficial.
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation.
- An interest in applying seemingly simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors.
- Experience communicating complex terminology to stakeholders across a variety of sectors and levels of industry knowledge.
- Outstanding numerical ability and a proven track record of working to tight deadlines.
- Experience dealing with HMRC or other tax authorities, either on general corporate tax aspects or on specific R&D related matters is preferable.
Leyton offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package and offer unparalleled opportunities for rapid professional development. We are committed to helping our employees unlock their talent and support this through providing the access and tools to full training programmes and membership to professional bodies and subscriptions.
With Leyton you have access to Leyton Group benefits, Private Health and Dental cover, a highly Competitive Pension Scheme and flexible working. On top of this we also offer savings through a wide range of financial benefits in the form of discounts, subsidies and incentives.
Leyton is committed to becoming an inclusive employer and proactive in improving diversity and equality across the Leyton Group without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Thank you for reviewing this vacancy. Should you apply for this role, your personal data will be processed in accordance with our privacy notice. See the link below.
If you have any questions, pls contact DMP@leyton.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's