Tax Compliance & Reporting Assistant Manager
|Job Title:||Tax Compliance & Reporting Assistant Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £86000.00 per annum + + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2020 11:06|
Leading global insurer is looking to recruit a Tax Compliance and Reporting Assistant Manager
Your new role
The successful candidate will focus on European Tax Compliance and Reporting, however the group is expanding into Asia Pac, South and Central America and therefore the role will naturally expand to manage the tax compliance of those areas.
- UK Corporation Tax Compliance (including General & Lloyd's insurers)
- European Direct Tax Compliance Monthly, quarterly / year end US GAAP, UK, Spanish and Lux GAAP reporting
- Prepare draft responses to and manage HMRC correspondence
- Monitor and assist tax payment processing
- Adhere to and monitor tax cash controls and forecasting
- Oversee the reconciliation and control of the tax ledgers including proposing tax journals for all entities and branches.
The successful candidate guided by their Manager will work collaboratively with the Head of Tax, Head of Indirect Tax & Transfer Pricing and the Tax Policy & Governance Senior Manager in various projects and tax reporting.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting the Tax Compliance and Reporting Manager and Senior Manager.
- Supporting the Head of Indirect Tax and Transfer Pricing and the Tax Policy and Governance Senior Manager as required.
- Documenting and managing tax correspondence with tax jurisdications.
- Supporting the business on general direct tax matters.
- Liaise with external professional advisors to ensure UK tax computations are correct.
- Provide administrative support to the tax team to assist in tax communications to the wider business.
- Keeping up to date with tax legislative developments.
- Prepare draft financial reporting associated with the UK companies for review.
- Assist in providing tax input to the financial planning and forecasting teams.
- Assist with cash tax payments across the EU.
- Work accurately and effectively. This is reflected in taking personal accountability and responsibility for getting things done. It includes a willingness to go beyond what is required in a given situation, overcome obstacles or barriers to achieve successful outcomes.
- The ability to align oneself with the needs, priorities and goals of the broader organisation. It involves exhibiting high professional standards in the face of rapid and unpredictable organisational and industry change and is demonstrated through objectivity, courage and fairness across all situations.
- Adhering to and achieving individual and team deadlines.
- Respond to ad-hoc business queries;
- Assist with employer compliance issues as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Qualifications:
- At a minimum a newly qualified ACA or CTA.
- Experience within Financial Services either in industry or a large accountancy firm preferable.
- Excellent team player, strong relationship skills and an ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lloyds market experience preferable.
- Proven ability to plan and achieve deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Thomson Reuters OneSource tax package.
- Good UK tax compliance knowledge.
- Strong UK, FRS102 and US GAAP knowledge.
- An awareness of Solvency II would be advantageous.
- Proven track record of collaborating to delivering pragmatic solutions to internal stakeholders
- Have a professional (or global blue chip) background with Financial Services experience.
- Working knowledge of Solvency II tax issues would be advantageous.
- Ability to learn and use a variety of accounting systems.
- Excellent admin and able to manage priorities.
- A second language helpful, but not essential. Good Microsoft and power point skills.
- A self-starter, with proven ability to assist implement new procedures and take ownership in delivering solutions.
- A willingness to travel would be advantageous
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Financial Reporting Manager
£55000 - £60000 per annum + 20% pension, PHI, 25% bonus
IFRS 17 Reporting Lead
£38000 - £40000 per annum
Senior Financial Accountant
£43000 - £53000 per annum
Quality Assurance Internal Auditor - Insurance
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum