|Job Title:||Tax Associate|
|Contact Name:||Jacob Jones|
|Job Published:||December 11, 2020 16:21|
Guaranteed Equity Partner opportunity with growth and development on offer. Joining as an integral and crucial member of a growing Tax team, you will drive the Tax team forward with an innovative and ambitious approach.
As a Tax Associate, you will be joining a very well established, reputable accountancy firm with a progressive, professional and expert team of accounting professionals. They offer a wide range of services to a range of businesses and individuals and have a diverse and loyal client base. They also offer a lot of technical development and progression; they look to invest in and mentor their employees to reach their full potential.
The key responsibilities for this Tax Associate position at a leading accountancy firm based in Swansea are:
- Line manage and build a team of tax specialists covering both corporate and personal compliance;
- Build and create a consistent business development pipeline in line with key targets and the strategic plan, by meeting potential new clients with tax advisory requirements;
- Work closely with key executives on creating more Tax advisory opportunities through existing clients;
- To assist the client relationship managers/partners in tax technical areas to deliver tax advisories such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm;
- Reviewing technically complicated tax compliance work including corporation tax, personal tax, partnership tax and IHT returns;
- To assist in procedural improvements to the tax compliance process (corporate and personal) and cascade down tax developments to the compliance team;
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work; and
- Additional line management from time to time of team members of the Client Services Department.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Tax Associate role at a leading accountancy firm in Swansea, you must be:
- CTA qualified with a minimum of 2 years of post-qualification experience;
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field;
- Demonstrable experience of developing teams of juniors to complete compliance work efficiently and with support;
- Experience of building a tax compliance function and motivating and working with training teams to identify team members career pathways in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrable experience of building and growing the tax advisory function with profitable returns;
- Technical skillset based around consistent CTA training pathways and with quick progression with continual client-facing experience;
- Desire to become a Tax Partner;
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences;
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firm's open style to new work streams and methods;
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential;
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning;
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, rollover relief and gift relief; and
- Working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues, such as the applicable rates, partial exemption methodology and property transactions.
Guaranteed Partner opportunity;
Fantastic office location; and
Well-established, supportive team.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's