Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum
19 days ago
Top 4/ Top 10 Milton Keynes and or St Albans
Corporate Tax Advisory Assistant Manager
The Milton Keynes tax team is part of the London Regions Tax business, working closely with colleagues in offices across the region.
The team is very inclusive, supportive and friendly and we value fresh ideas and innovation in all they do. They embrace flexible working.
They have experienced consistent high growth over a number of years and are looking for capable, proactive individuals to join the team and to be part of their growth story.
The team is unique in that whilst you will have a home office, you will also be part of a wider London Region tax team which constitutes 5 offices. There is great opportunity to work in many aspects of tax and we serve many types of clients and sectors.
We are looking for a Tax Assistant Manager to provide tax advisory, compliance management and business development services to our clients and targets.
This work would include:
* Being the principal contact with many clients on day to day tax matters and working with managers, senior managers, directors or partners on larger clients
* Being involved on tax advisory and planning work on client portfolio and working with senior colleagues and specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
* Assisting with business development and attending client meetings
* Responding appropriately to requests from clients for other services. Co-ordinating a number of different teams internally to provide a single point of contact for the client in delivering a comprehensive cross-tax offering.
* Working with the tax computation processing team in the management and delivery of tax compliance work. Monitoring the tax compliance position using tax administration software
*Carrying out tax audits as part of the specialist tax team in accordance with terms of reference agreed with the audit team and advising the audit team of potential tax exposure
* Reviewing corporation tax computations and advising the client on the computational treatment of contentious issues
* Co-ordinating tax payments, loss relief, capital allowances, group relief and other claims
* Delegating delivery of work to junior colleagues whilst maintaining control of quality and timetables.
* Coaching and developing more junior members of staff
* Maintaining strong financial management of client accounts. For example making sure that fees are raised regularly and identifying situations where overruns can be billed
* Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
* Qualified (ACA or CTA or equivalent)
* Sound knowledge of UK corporate taxation and preferably awareness of international tax issues
* Sound knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including deferred taxation and accounts disclosures)
* Strong time and task management skills. Able to remain calm when under pressure and meet deadlines
* Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
* Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external). A practical approach to problems with client focus and commercial awareness
* Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work. Continuously learns from experiences. Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
* Ability to build good relationships with clients
* Communicates with impact in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
* Ability to work as part of a team. Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback. Coaches less experienced staff.
* Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
competitive package and salary