|Job Title:||Tax Assistant|
|Location:||Hammersmith and Fulham, London|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Alex Stirling|
|Job Published:||April 01, 2021 09:49|
Leading niche asset management business is looking to recruit a Tax Assistant for its Group Tax function.
Your new role
Reporting to the Tax Manager, the Tax Assistant will be responsible for a varied mixed tax role, predominantly looking at the tax affairs of the UK Group. The successful candidate will assist the Tax Manager with all matter relating to Tax Compliance and related processes.
- Assist the Tax Manager with all group tax processes. This includes, but is not restricted to: Corporation Tax (CT), Value Added Tax (VAT), Pay as you Earn (PAYE), Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT), Non-Resident Landlord Tax (NRLT), and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).
- Assist the Tax Manager with the calculation of the deferred tax for local / group accounts and assess the tax position and prepare the tax entries at year end for group purposes.
- Maintain the appropriate records in compliance with audit, legal and tax rules.
- Maintain an updated knowledge of all changes in Tax legislation particularly in terms of compliance and profit maximisation.
- Maintain tax balances on the group general ledger
- Assist in the co-ordination of both internal and external tax audits.
- Ensure that applications for payment of any taxes due are supplied to the Group Treasury department in sufficient time for the payment to be made in accordance with the legal requirement. The company makes monthly payments of VAT and quarterly instalment payments of CT. Other taxes are paid as and when the liability arises.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in a recognised tax position preferably in the hospitality industry, or similar industry.
- The role would suit a newly, or part, qualified student in ATT, ACCA or CTA.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationships skills
- Good organisation skills
- Able to work under pressure / deadlines
- An open, hospitable service attitude towards clients and a friendly, ethical but business-like attitude towards internal and external interlocutors
- Computer literate in Windows NT
- A knowledge of Alphatax Corporation Tax software would be an advantage but is not essential
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.