6 days ago
I'm partnering with a modern firm who provide business strategy advice and technical knowledge across tech start up's and SMEs.
Our client is looking for a Business Advisory Manager to join their team and work in an upbeat, autonomous and flexible working environment. Working alongside the founder you'll focus your time preparing FRS102(a) accounts and tax returns, with at least 60% of your time dedicated to meeting clients to review their latest management information and help offer strategic business advice to incorporate the clients goals with the most successful route. The advice is typically focused around tactical and strategic issues (usually based on growth, goals, funding, staffing and management challenges).
- High levels of written and spoken English
- Communication with clients in plain English with no accounting jargon. You must be able to communicate in a way that makes clients valued, respected and puts them at ease.
- Experience of building professional relationships with clients
- Ability to advise clients on financial and other business issues using experience and knowledge of best practices
- Budget creation required with financial model building a nice to have but not required
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Management Information analysis
Accounting and Tax
- Experience in FRS 102 1a account production (ideally using Iris and Xero Workpapers) including detailed disclosure notes
- Experience with producing corporation tax returns including S455 and group tax relief and capital allowances
- Ability to write and calculate R&D claims and ideally also VGTR
- Experience with partnership tax returns
- Experience with self assessment tax returns
- Experience with EMI share valuations and SEIS/EIS Advanced Assurance and Compliance
- Experience with Charity SORP and Independent Examiners Report
Exposure working with similar clients
Great culture and benefits